• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
also Australia do any of those three right and it wouldn't have come down to relying on Joel Wilson to make a correct LBW call to win the game.
Yeah but thats not really the point is it? I mean if it goes the other way you don’t say “oh well england lost nine other wickets so too bad, so sad the lbw was missing but they were out of reviews, bad luck stokesy.” He has a job to do too and ****ed it up terribly, as he has all series.

You always defend match officials, mate. Regardless of how bad they’ve been. It’s an embarrassing blind spot in your case.

morgieb

Pretty amusing to watch australia fall apart at the end to complement the genius of stokes. The dropped catches, the fumble to end all fumbles, the pitiful bowling (Cummins was especially woeful) all contributed to it being a choke for the ages. And all this after playing virtually perfectly for 3 days lmao.
Even today after lunch we were basically perfect. Cricket is a cruel, cruel game.

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah but thats not really the point is it? I mean if it goes the other way you don’t say “oh well england lost nine other wickets so too bad, so sad the lbw was missing but they were out of reviews, bad luck stokesy.” He has a job to do too and ****ed it up terribly, as he has all series.

You always defend match officials, mate. Regardless of how bad they’ve been. It’s an embarrassing blind spot in your case.
waaaaah

TheJediBrah

Pretty amusing to watch australia fall apart at the end to complement the genius of stokes. The dropped catches, the fumble to end all fumbles, the pitiful bowling (Cummins was especially woeful) all contributed to it being a choke for the ages. And all this after playing virtually perfectly for 3 days lmao.
Not to take anything away from Stokes, but he genuinely should/could have been out nearly a dozen times in that last partnership. Not even including the lbw and dropped catch(es), he outside/top-edged more shots than he middled.

Not sure how to weight it in regard to Stokes brilliance v Australian **** ups, probably about 50/50

OverratedSanity

Lmao this is sweet. Your tears are delicious and expose your hypocrisy about the umpiring at Sydney 08. Cry more. **** australia. Jai hind.

vcs

It was like SA in a World Cup knockout. That run-out, honestly. Australia used to be the side that prided themselves on being absolutely clutch in such moments. This was a choke, worse than Federer at Wimbledon this year.

TheJediBrah

Surely Wilson is done though. Not even counting that last lbw he's been so bad that he's turned into a meme even more than Dharmasena has

Burgey

Must be a nice feeling when winning the World Cup isn't even the pinnacle moment you've had in the summer.

Anyway, nothing that happens in his life will ever top this moment for Stokes.
I’d say being acquitted of a crime when you’re staring done the barrel of heading off to stir for n extended stay would probably top it.

Spikey

there's no-one getting more satisfaction from paine's failure than me, but i'm pretty worried there's gonna be some very dire abuse coming his way