• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Match - New Zealand v Sri Lanka

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

thierry henry

International Coach
2 key points

1: When I met Sangakkara in the pub in Hamilton he definitely didn’t have this melodramatic posh accent/way of speaking

2: The Santner catch was ****ing out

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
2 key points

1: When I met Sangakkara in the pub in Hamilton he definitely didn’t have this melodramatic posh accent/way of speaking

2: The Santner catch was ****ing out
I was thinking I heard him interviewed on the cricket show a few seasons ago and he didn't sound like this ...

thierry henry

International Coach
Also- I hate everything that Munro represents as a cricketer, but I would ****ing love it if he smashed his way through this World Cup

Moss

At the risk of a jinx, Munro has looked pretty restrained and still striking it at over a 100.

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
Pretty sure Mitchell just said Guptill scored a 17 ball 50 vs England at the last world cup, whereas it was actually McCullum, who is sitting right next to her lol.

Moss

Guptill barely middling anything since the first over. Hope he finds his mojo by the time the bigger games come around.

thierry henry

International Coach
Random thought- in a squad of 15, NZ’s youngest player is Sodhi, who is pushing 27?

That’s extraordinary, especially given the accusations of indecisive selection. Aside from Taylor we have an entire squad aged 26-32: the height of solidity on paper

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Random thought- in a squad of 15, NZ’s youngest player is Sodhi, who is pushing 27?

That’s extraordinary, especially given the accusations of indecisive selection. Aside from Taylor we have an entire squad aged 26-32: the height of solidity on paper
If anything they actually seemed overly decisive until the very last minute, when they tried a couple of things that actually worked moderately well and then went back to what they'd decided ages ago.

thierry henry

International Coach
If anything they actually seemed overly decisive until the very last minute, when they tried a couple of things that actually worked moderately well and then went back to what they'd decided ages ago.
Oh I’m definitely not saying the selection policy was ACTUALLY good, just that on paper the squad is a perfect theoretical reflection of players ‘in their prime’ in terms of age. Might also be the perfect example of why that’s not a good way to pick a squad.

....must say it also had me scrambling to work out where all our decent 20-25 year old cricketers were

BeeGee

International Captain
Good start for NZ. As emphatic as this win is, the best part is it wasn't perfect. Plenty of room for improvement.