• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test, Lord's, London

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smith not doing the back across shuffle to Leach
Not sure I consider that a bad thing.

I heard that aside from Holland they flew over the guy who plays for the UAE who they've practiced against before to try get extra practice against the lefties.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stokes is a completely different bowler with the red ball isn't he

Has there been a better all-rounder this millennium?

morgieb

Um he's not even the best all-rounder for his country this millennium.

Though he's probably 3rd behind Flintoff and Kallis.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Stokes with the red ball vs white ball is a lot like Cummins actually. Both have a similar MO and it's one that doesn't really work as well in ODIs.

morgieb

And as meme worthy as he was, Shane Watson actually was quite a good cricketer.
Yeah it's easier to say in hindsight but Watson was really really useful for us. I think Stokes has him beat on "impact" though even if their stats are kinda similar (same with Freddie).

One other guy I forgot about though - Vettori.

morgieb

I'll take that as an Aussie fan. Pitch looks far less dangerous when it's sunny.

It's going to be hard for England to force a result in any case, particularly if Smith's still out there.

Spark

Global Moderator
Watson barely took just over 1 wicket a game (injuries a big part of that), Stokes takes nearly 3 a game
They had different roles in their respective teams. Watson was principally a holding bowler who was situationally very useful (i.e. reverse swing) but mostly there to keep it tight and build pressure whilst giving the strike bowlers a rest. Stokes is one of those said strike bowlers.