• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at Adelaide - 16 to 20 Dec

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Anderson will wreck havoc under lights
Reported for misinformation. :ph34r:

On a serious note, I do want to see the English side get something going their way in this game. So many plays and misses throughout the innings, that over by Root was also brilliant, would have had both the batsmen out(Warner twice).

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
This is a pretty good point tbh.

He could correct a lot of it by getting his hands higher as soon as the ball is short, but that sort of thing takes time to adjust to. You can also only do it on certain decks. This one has a bit of seam in it which keeps you interested. On old Adelaide or at Melbourne or Sydney you'd be calling for a wheelchair after an hour trying.
Glad you agreed
You watch carefully a millisecond before the ball release. He cramps hard on to the front foot making it hard to jump back and deal with sharp chest high deliveries at high speed.
If he does get bounced out then that will not be ideal for him as all the fast bowlers in the world will take note. He needs to rise to this challenge today if Stokes comes after him again.

halba

International 12th Man
these english bowlers cant get the ball to talk down under on a different ball - kookaburra/pink ball.

need someone like joffra or a really fast quick to cause problems in AU conditions and he is injured. The english bowlers, 2 of which are very old, arent speedsters.

This test could be over by tomorrow at this rate.

Gob

International Coach
these english bowlers cant get the ball to talk down under on a different ball - kookaburra/pink ball.

need someone like joffra or a really fast quick to cause problems in AU conditions and he is injured. The english bowlers, 2 of which are very old, arent speedsters.

Lol

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I don’t know if it’s to do with making his over faster or if he’s losing faith in his abilities as is usual for him in Oz, but Anderson is pulling up fairly quickly after he bowls. It’s just very disappointing to see.

Spark

Global Moderator

wait but someone said three hours ago that this attack was unplayable

wonder who that was

karan_fromthestands

State Captain

I think the English bowlers have done well(they've been pretty unlucky tbh), Broad is the only one who is lacking that bite atm, and I don't see the use of playing Broad anyways with the kind of options England has currently. Also, they definitely needed a spinner for this deck.

Gob

International Coach
I think the English bowlers have done well(they've been pretty unlucky tbh), Broad is the only one who is lacking that bite atm, and I don't see the use of playing Broad anyways with the kind of options England has currently. Also, they definitely needed a spinner for this deck.
Broad bowled beautifully earlier