• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd T20 at Sydney 6 December 2020

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look mate, I don't think anyone from up your way is in a position to have a dig at Australia regarding Covid management. You've had twice as many cases on 1/5th the population. Basically SE Asia's pre-1666 London.

Daemon

Look mate, I don't think anyone from up your way is in a position to have a dig at Australia regarding Covid management. You've had twice as many cases on 1/5th the population. Basically SE Asia's pre-1666 London.
The COVID response itself has largely been pretty excellent. There's been 29 deaths total. We had more from dengue this year.

The issue was the government dgaf about the migrant workers' living conditions for years. Locked them in their dorms like cattle in overcrowded cramped conditions. That's where the criticism should be directed.

Once the outbreak hit the dorms though they managed to test and treat all of them really quickly. They've also been paying all of them despite no work thankfully.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Australia has 30x the deaths that Singapore has...

Burgey

Yeah it got into aged care here. If we had the appalling number of cases Singapore has, the toll would have been truly horrific.

Burgey

Spark bringing the seriousness to the discussion, in a most out of character manner.

Burgey

Because he had a hammy injury and they feigned a concussion to sub him out?

I mean, that might have something to do with it. I dunno. Five gets you ten if the protocol was a concussion = two weeks out, he would never have been subbed.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Are subs allowed in tests btw? Would be kinda interesting if Virat comes in as sub in the last test, scores a double century in the second inning and wins it for India.

Burgey

The last test is in Brisbane iirc, so he will probably have plenty of blokes he can sub in for.

trundler

Wouldn't be surprised if Kohli subs for Anushka. That alpha facade is pretty transparent.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
One interesting thing about this game is that it seemed like even in the overs India started bad giving away boundaries in the first 3, they seemed to pull it back a touch in the last 3. A lot of 9-12 run overs but very few >15. Its an under rated aspect of T20 cricket but the ability to come back within the over and get away with a 9 run instead of a15 run over is extremely vital. I mentioned this in the Platinum Lounge during the game but I think it is an overlooked area when discussing why India got the better of Aussies yesterday.

Will be interesting to see if the stats back this up.

Burgey

I'm aware of the Desi Whatsapp group and am in fact a surreptitious (til now) member of it. Been having a giggle at the recent bout of whining in there.