• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

rythy

School Boy/Girl Captain
What a masterful chase by England. They crushed and dominated Aussies like no one. Jason Roy brings so much difference to this team as opener. Win or not England have been among the top two teams in last few years in ODI. Well deserved and great to see them in the final.

And whether NZ wins or England it's great to have first time winner among these. Fantastic WC

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok RANDIs, we've had our fun and the enemy has lost. Let's not gloat too much now.

They did well to comeback from multiple series defeats and perform well in the WC despite carrying at least 3-4 passengers. Finch led well, Warner was a beast and Smith, while average on the whole, played two very good arse saving knocks. Starc's a dick but won them a couple of games as well. Lets not forget Carey who was ****ing amazing and has balls of steel coming back from getting hit on the face to calmly guiding Australia to a competitive total.

Well played Australia. Now **** off home and give us a good Ashes.

BeeGee

International Captain
Congrats England.

The cream has risen. The wheat has bid farewell to the chaff.

Nice to see that the two best teams in the world will meet in the final. Should be the mother of all games, a battle of the Titans. Can't wait.

Last edited:

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
And players too ;) But all jokes aside, congratulations on making the finals. Go and lose to the Kiwis now.

Also, Australia has done a favour to the Poms. All the poverty striken Brits now get to watch free cricket.
I really want Dizzy Gillespie as our coach soonish ...like bigtime . There is no one else in World Cricket better suited to the England job in my opinion . When he's ready to commit for a few years , we need to pay whatever it takes to get him. :) .

wrongun

Banned
I really want Dizzy Gillespie as our coach soonish ...like bigtime . There is no one else in World Cricket better suited to the England job in my opinion . When he's ready to commit for a few years , we need to pay whatever it takes to get him. :) .
I believe he's done a good job with Yorkshire over the years.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Starc contributed some very memorable moments to this World Cup. The Finch 150 was so good to watch. Loved to watch how Warner built his innings. Hard not to like Steven Smith the batsman. Dorf and Carey were this World Cup's traditional Aussie heroes from nowhere. Australia's turnaround from losing like 10 or something ODIs was impressive, yes. Finch captained very well.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ok RANDIs, we've had our fun and the enemy has lost. Let's not gloat too much now.

They did well to comeback from multiple series defeats and perform well in the WC despite carrying at least 3-4 passengers. Finch led well, Warner was a beast and Smith, while average on the whole, played two very good arse saving knocks. Starc's a dick but won them a couple of games as well. Lets not forget Carey who was ****ing amazing and has balls of steel coming back from getting hit on the face to calmly guiding Australia to a competitive total.

Well played Australia. Now **** off home and give us a good Ashes.
what the true enemy has always been in the north

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England pulling themselves together in the latter stages of the tournament the way they have, they are the only side who have truly embodied the spirit of would-be champions. And a lion's share of the credit goes to Roy. Hope they continue to play like this in the final, win or lose.

The Aussies over-achieved. Finch dropped off at the wrong time. Warner was great, even if a bit off-colour. Smith was solid. Carey fantastic. Gun find. Starc was glorious in flashes. Perhaps the greatest ODI bowler to date. With a non-existent middle order, it was always going to be difficult. Maxwell, Stoinis, and Khawaja all mehhhh. Cummins underachieved.

Mauling.

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Congrats England.

The cream has risen. The wheat has bid farewell to the chaff.

Nice to see that the two best teams in the world will meet in the final. Should be the mother of all games, a battle of the Titans. Can't wait.
Amen to that! It's the final all real cricket fans wanted.

Come on!

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
England pulling themselves together in the latter stages of the tournament the way they have, they are the only side who have truly embodied the spirit of would-be champions. And a lion's share of the credit goes to Roy. Hope they continue to play like this in the final, win or lose.

The Aussies over-achieved. Finch dropped off at the wrong time. Warner was great, even if a bit off-colour. Smith was solid. Carey fantastic. Gun find. Starc was glorious in flashes. Perhaps the greatest ODI bowler to date. With a non-existent middle order, it was always going to be difficult. Maxwell, Stoinis, and Khawaja all mehhhh. Cummins underachieved.

Mauling.
???

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Curious to hear from English posters, how big of a deal would this be if England were to go on and win it ?

England haven't won that many 'mass sports' international tournaments in recent history... If I remember correctly, you won a Rugby world cup in 2004 but nothing since then ?

Last edited:

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Curious to hear from English posters, how big of a deal would this be if England were to go on and win it ?

England haven't won that many 'mass sports' international tournaments in recent history... If I remember correctly, you won a Rugby world cup in 2004 but nothing since then ?
The T20 World Cup in 2010.

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
The T20 World Cup in 2010.
I deliberately left that out. But the 50 over World Cup certainly has more prestige compared to the T20 format atleast for now.

My question is how this would compare to their victories in other big sporting tournaments or rather how important would this victory be considering England are hosting and could potentially end up winning it...