• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd ODI at Sydney, 29 November 2020

Flem274*

123/5
is it just #australiaathome or have indias attack just lost the plot? theyve been in the top 3 odi attacks with aus and nz since 2015 so i didn't expect this since they don't have our mental wilting over there.

ive missed most of indias two bowling efforts so i have nfi. i guess the aussies are going the distance to an extent as well thanks to starcs meltdown. just prime batting conditions?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India these days score faster using a fast bowler's pace on truer wickets. Bit like Baz McCullum used to do.

There has been huge pitch upgrades back in India over recent years and gymnasiums at most bigger grounds.

We breed pace bowlers galore but not too many Faulkners.

Stoinis and Henriques over the last two games being medium pacers slowed them down noticeably.
Iyer looked like he really wanted some 130kmph stuff bowled at him all night tbh

mr_mister

is it just #australiaathome or have indias attack just lost the plot? theyve been in the top 3 odi attacks with aus and nz since 2015 so i didn't expect this since they don't have our mental wilting over there.

ive missed most of indias two bowling efforts so i have nfi. i guess the aussies are going the distance to an extent as well thanks to starcs meltdown. just prime batting conditions?
can tell you it felt like the sahara desert in sydney this weekend. would not be fun bowling/ being in the field at all. my club game got cancelled due to safety reasons yesterday.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
did a single ball even swing today

i can't recall one when australia was bowling. a quick search of 'swing' in the cricinfo commentary doesn't bring up anything except for swings and misses

Shri

Mr. Glass

kohli is a clueless captain and rohit is the actual brains in the setup

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
kohli is a clueless captain and rohit is the actual brains in the setup
That is obviously an exaggeration but I think the bowlers look more towards Rohit for guidance and confidence than Virat. It goes MSD, Rohit and then Virat. Virat is so very expressive that there is no way the bowler will not know what Virat actually thought of their efforts, inspite of whatever efforts Virat may take in terms of being nice verbally.

the big bambino

International Captain
Hey if the outcome of this series is that Starc's confidence is shot to pieces, then ill take an ODI whitewash
On these pitches a bloke can get hit. His shield form was more worrying. If he's still bowling 140-150 then I'm not worried about a Gillespie like implosion. Gillespie lost speed and looked like he was bowling sore and broken. Though i haven't seen a ball bowled the impression is Starc has lost his direction and a series of bad performances is getting to him.

TheJediBrah

I forget Henriques even plays cricket because the hotel stream fiasco is what he's primarily known for tbh

Spark

Global Moderator
On these pitches a bloke can get hit. His shield form was more worrying. If he's still bowling 140-150 then I'm not worried about a Gillespie like implosion. Gillespie lost speed and looked like he was bowling sore and broken. Though i haven't seen a ball bowled the impression is Starc has lost his direction and a series of bad performances is getting to him.
He was sending them down at low-130s for a lot of last night but that might have been him trying to sacrifice speed for accuracy.

stephen

He was sending them down at low-130s for a lot of last night but that might have been him trying to sacrifice speed for accuracy.
He strikes me as someone who is painfully out of rhythm at the moment. His confidence is low and he's really just trying to get things to click again.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah it's not so much that he was getting hit, he was genuinely bowling pies. He conceded 22 off the first over of the innings in the first ODI and most of them were horrible wides. He bowled less horribly in the second ODI but he seemed to have given up bowling entirely 'properly' by then, searching for accuracy (and not really finding it).

I agree that his Shield form was even more worrying. I watched a bit of that - he was bowling trash.

the big bambino

International Captain
Well that's not good. How do we handle him now? Because it sounds like he needs a spell. Not that I'm overly happy with the bench but Abbott is the best option to replace him the last game. While Pattinson must be thinking he's shortening for the tests.

morgieb

Well that's not good. How do we handle him now? Because it sounds like he needs a spell. Not that I'm overly happy with the bench but Abbott is the best option to replace him the last game. While Pattinson must be thinking he's shortening for the tests.
It's a tough one, it's hard to drop him but at the same time in his current form he's a clear cut liability.

At the very least he has to be added to the A-team match and if he flops there he should be out of the side for the first Test.