• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd ODI at Sydney, 29 November 2020

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
they spent the last 3 days complaining about overrates and when they try to go through the over quickly it goes over their heads

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Starcs such a household name. Its a business and he has a long rope before hel be dropped

Theyve probably filmed 5 kfc ads with him to blast all summer already

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Starc isn't far from bowling himself out of a 1st Test spot alone, right?
Doubt it, aside from the fact we don't have another express bowler, he provides variety and footmarks for Lyon and gets extra points simply for being a leftie. Don't forget it looks like the selectors are prepared to stick with Burns, and Starc is a lot more precious than him.

I think he needs to abandon the 'hey look I'm Trent Boult' action and go back to raising his arm. I can't think of too many bowlers who seem to have gotten less accurate over their careers.

Why isn't there any Australians in the crowd? Are there still restrictions on the amount of spectators?
Heaps of very loyal Indians in Australia. Many matches here, especially Sydney and Melbourne, are more or less an Indian home crowd.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jaddu with a very good day with bat and ball and stinking up in the field. Almost any other day it is the opposite. :laugh: He will stink up either with bat or ball but will always be awesome in the field. 2020 is weird for sure.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I like the set up of Jaddu and Hardik at 6 and 7 with Rahul at 5. Maybe push Jaddu to 6 if there is a collapse early on but this has potential. Maybe someone like Tewatia for the leggie and hitter at 8 role and then Bhuvi, Bumrah and Shami as the seamers?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Really surprised Krunal Pandya isn't in this team. He could bowl effective darts, and is pretty capable with the bat coming in it at either 7/8. Would be good addition imo

Spark

Global Moderator
Doubt it, aside from the fact we don't have another express bowler, he provides variety and footmarks for Lyon and gets extra points simply for being a leftie. Don't forget it looks like the selectors are prepared to stick with Burns, and Starc is a lot more precious than him.

I think he needs to abandon the 'hey look I'm Trent Boult' action and go back to raising his arm. I can't think of too many bowlers who seem to have gotten less accurate over their careers.

Heaps of very loyal Indians in Australia. Many matches here, especially Sydney and Melbourne, are more or less an Indian home crowd.
Yeah that's probably right but he's bowling absolute crap atm and has since the season began. Looks like he has neither rhythm nor confidence and a Test match isn't where you want to be finding those again.

Re: the crowd, it seemed like it was a pretty even mix earlier on in the day but all but diehard Indian supporters looked like they went home early.

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
India these days score faster using a fast bowler's pace on truer wickets. Bit like Baz McCullum used to do.

There has been huge pitch upgrades back in India over recent years and gymnasiums at most bigger grounds.

We breed pace bowlers galore but not too many Faulkners.

Stoinis and Henriques over the last two games being medium pacers slowed them down noticeably.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i don't recall my colleagues in the australian domestic and selection threads posting this repeatedly which are really the only rocks I return to