• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Match - Australia v England

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God that was plain incompetent from the officials. Fortunately for them they can't be held accountable for being **** at their jobs.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jesse Hogan @Jesse_Hogan
No chance to pore over replay, but press-box suggestion is Anderson out, rather than dead ball, because lbw decision after the direct hit.
Nice idea, but decision came before run-out. Thank you Sky+.

JBMAC

State Captain
My understanding is the Umpire had not given his decision when the runout occurred ie then the ball is not considered "dead". That interpretation is becoming more prevalent between Journos.I feel for Taylor.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Really hoping this costs the Poms a QF spot on NRR.

If anyone will make the umpires pay it'd be them.

Athlai

Not Terrible
My understanding is the Umpire had not given his decision when the runout occurred ie then the ball is not considered "dead". That interpretation is becoming more prevalent between Journos.I feel for Taylor.
Decision made before the ball was even fielded.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Morgan mentioning how square boundaries are 20 meters longer than straight ones here. I get the logic but I still find the inflexibility during the heat of the moment absolutely terrible.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly, Taylor getting a hundred, and then a Mitchell getting the last wicket would have been perfection. Useless umpires, you guys have to memorize just 1 goddamn book!!

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
That interpretation is also increasingly wrong, based on the above.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I guess they must've thought the runout was before and not thought to check it. I mean, I just don't see why anyone would think the ball wouldn't be dead as soon a batsman is given out, even without knowing the rules. It just makes no sense.