• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd greatest living cricketer

Who is the 2nd greatest living cricketer (behind Sobers)?

• Total voters

subshakerz

International Coach
Home pitches in the Caribbean were flat as hell, so did make sense. Plus everyone who saw him said he was the best since Bradman, but have at it.

I was asked a question and I gave my honest response, you don't have to agree, and I said that most don't. But everyone one knew about the Pakistan umpires, most just choose to forget or ignore.

If as a bowler in that era and you averaged less in those conditions than even in England, something doesn't add up. My response was neither malicious nor petty... I'll say no more.
You do realize that nearly every major pacer from the subcontinent, including Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Vaas, Srinath, and Kapil, averaged better at home than away? Kapil and Srinath had even bigger average differences than Imran. Were they also cheats?

Its not like Imran failed in England and succeeded in Pakistan. He was terrific in England and exceptional in Pakistan.

If you wish to remove Imran from contention for especially benefiting from biased home umpiring and ball tampering which were the norms of his era, then to be consistent you would have to penalize Marshall, Hadlee and others who also almost certainly benefitted. Otherwise it just seems like you have an irrational beef with Imran.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait, people are saying Sobers should be marked down because he averaged 50 away from home?

Tough room.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Wait, people are saying Sobers should be marked down because he averaged 50 away from home?

Tough room.
It was a copypasta regarding a critique of Imran's bowling averages of 19 at home and 25 away with Sobers batting stats used instead to show how dire the original logic was.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tell that to the bloke who thinks Imran should be marked down for averaging 25 away from home.
25 is pretty mediocre for an atg allrounder tbh. You'd want to be up around 30 odd across the board really.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
NZ have only had 6 test tours of the Windies

1972, 1984, 1995, 2002, 2012, 2014
I remember being so disillusioned with our team when we got thrashed over there in 2012 with what on paper was a very talented team (nucleus of current team). The win in 2014 was great and the proof that Kane was the real deal.