• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

27th Match - Bangladesh v Scotland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
west indies getting weaker isn't an argument for bangladesh getting better. bangladesh would also kill for chanders, little bravo, roach, taylor, narine etc.
I hear your Bangladesh complaints but airing them now is just silly. I had my Banglas shirt ready to be burned if they lost this game too but they stepped up to the plate and chased a huge target. Their best players lifted and won the game.

That's good cricket.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nah blockying would be me saying rahim's wife is cray cray and it's turning him crazy and they're lazy little so and so's etc

and telling them to pick wagner. they should pick wagner.
Had Bangladesh been rolled by the Scots today, you may have actually had a ghost of an argument, but considering they've just managed a thoroughly professional 300+ run-chase makes it seem both inopportune & trollish.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I hear your Bangladesh complaints but airing them now is just silly. I had my Banglas shirt ready to be burned if they lost this game too but they stepped up to the plate and chased a huge target. Their best players lifted and won the game.

That's good cricket.
ftr I would never actually really burn my Banglas shirt. Need it for indoor cricket.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Disappointing. :( Scotland have been so competitive in all their games and deserve better than to go home winless.
They were and are still the 7th best team in Group A. So chances are they were very likely winless.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yup, uncharacteristically poor form from Flem....normally much better than this.
Don't mind him he's still bitter about the back to back Banglawashes.

Seriously, it's pretty clear that Bangladesh is a cut above all the associates on the basis of the past few weeks. Though they kinda should be given how much has been invested in them.

Flem274*

123/5
conceding 300 to scotland isn't comfortable.

i'm exaggerating a little bit to bait athlai since he loves these spuds but i'm serious when i say they've been a pack of chokey chokers for 15 years. i rate some of their cricketers higher than most and have extolled the virtues of/defended individuals in cricket chat (even rahim), but between the choking and mushfiqur and the boring nature of their home games and i find them a really dislikeable side. plus they do suck hard. when you biggest defense of them is "they're improving!" despite zero performances to show this and "you're just bitter because they/shakib beat you in a series that one time" you're struggling for arguments. they've been randomly thrashing us in away odis since 2010 and they're still **** in the grand scheme of things. they're the spoilt incompetent child of cricket.

so yeah actually i probably haven't been exaggerating.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Don't mind him he's still bitter about the back to back Banglawashes.

Seriously, it's pretty clear that Bangladesh is a cut above all the associates on the basis of the past few weeks. Though they kinda should be given how much has been invested in them.
Well it took a whole generation but they're finally starting to fill out the ranks a little.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
It is how they did the chase rather than how much they conceded that determines the level of comfort for their win. They were very much in control throughout their chase and comfortably won.

cnerd123

likes this
I understand Flem's frustrations with BD. I'm a big fan of theirs and even my patience is wearing thin. They just seem content with mediocrity and don't seem to hold the belief that they can be one of the top sides in the world. Losing respectfully with the odd win keeps them happy, and they feel under pressure anytime they are expected to win.

Which is why I find the wins against Afgh and the Scots very pleasing. Both are scenarios where BD are known to choke and stumble and **** up. Both games they were struggling. Both games they came out with comprehensive wins.

The game against SL sucked tho, and just shows how much further they have to go. And it's frustrating we are still saying that about them 15 years in. But this crop of cricketers and the steps the BCB are making in terms of development and domestic cricket are the best BD have ever seen. So reason to be optimistic as well :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well it took a whole generation but they're finally starting to fill out the ranks a little.
I was thinking regarding how much opportunities each team should be getting. There should be some clear path to get test status, qualify for world cups, relegated etc. For instance, in football, each team knows there are 32 slots in a world cup, and they aspire for it every four years and work towards it. The amount these associates like Scotland and Afghanistan have improved is very encouraging for cricket. They are so much better than what UAE, Holland, Bangladesh and Scotland were around 1996-99.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is when you chase them down with 11 balls remaining only 4 wickets down without using an injured top order batsman.

More a function of a good batting track than anything else...

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Which is why I find the wins against Afgh and the Scots very pleasing.
Though it's not something that they can brag about as they are two teams Bangladesh should be beating anyway. That they could even be considered by some to potentially choke against those two teams is not very flattering for Bangladesh.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The last time associates were truly horrible was in 1996. That UAE and "Holland" team is legend.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Good for Tamim that he got some runs. He was under serious pressure from everywhere. Can't believe majority of fan base was actually rooting for him to be dropped. Who to replace him then? At the moment he's the best opener we got, no doubt

cnerd123

likes this
Though it's not something that they can brag about as they are two teams Bangladesh should be beating anyway. That they could even be considered by some to potentially choke against those two teams is not very flattering for Bangladesh.
Oh I agree 100%

Reasons to be optimistic, but that in turn can be used to support Flem's argument that BD are a massive disappointment.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This makes no sense at all, WI lost to Ireland, Zim gave SA a scare and England have regularly lost to associates in recent times, they even lost to Bangladesh in the previous WC. As far as limited overs is concerned, Bangladesh have done reasonably well relative to teams like England and WI who should have done a lot better than they actually have.

As far as test cricket performances are concerned I can agree that Bangladesh have been given a long leash.
Losing once to Ireland 4 years ago isn't regular.

Gutted about that result :(