• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

23rd Match - Pakistan v Zimbabwe

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Well, I am a culinary student...
Cake = batsman who plays long innings in the early-middle overs of a game and isn't boundary reliant. Generally scores at a 70-110 SR and is fairly consistent.

Icing = fast scoring batsman capable of hitting large amounts of boundaries. These batsmen are capable of totally turning the tides of a game, hence they are "the icing on the cake". Teams can't afford to have too many of these batsmen as they are usually rather inconsistent.

Basically you want to have an even ratio of the two broad types of batsman in a team just like you want an even ratio of icing to cake in baking hence the analogy.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Man I wish we had Mitchell Haq in our lineup yesterday. Could have really used a middle order bat who doesn't rotate the strike at the start of the innings but stays out in the middle so we could post a decent total.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Man I wish we had Mitchell Haq in our lineup yesterday. Could have really used a middle order bat who doesn't rotate the strike at the start of the innings but stays out in the middle so we could post a decent total.
I hope this was a deliberate attempt to get us to add more mitchells to the team.

Primrose_D12

U19 Cricketer
We're secretly pakpassion.
I take it that's basically a site for psycho Pakistan fans?

Someone plz explain CW memes to the poor girl
I'm so confused. Until I read this post:

Cake = batsman who plays long innings in the early-middle overs of a game and isn't boundary reliant. Generally scores at a 70-110 SR and is fairly consistent.

Icing = fast scoring batsman capable of hitting large amounts of boundaries. These batsmen are capable of totally turning the tides of a game, hence they are "the icing on the cake". Teams can't afford to have too many of these batsmen as they are usually rather inconsistent.

Basically you want to have an even ratio of the two broad types of batsman in a team just like you want an even ratio of icing to cake in baking hence the analogy.
Makes sense. Thank you :)

cnerd123

likes this
Maiden in the 44th Williams WAG

Pak could still easily get up to 220 from here. Question is, would that be enough?

Antihippy

International Debutant
While I do think misbah has done an essential job this really should be the stage where he starts hitting out.