• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024 NRL Tipping Comp

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok, here we go. Thanks to @ashley bach for getting this going. Am putting up the lines to kick things off for round 2 and will do my best curating the competition as we go along. I have three weeks overseas in late May-early June so some other **** can step up for once during that period, if not earlier.

Remember, the comp is "Buy" or "Sell" tipping using the TAB pints starts put out each week.

A buy is always saying the favourite will win the match AND cover the handicap.
A sell is always saying the underdog will win OR lose by less than the handicap.

Example - Team A(-6.5) is favourite vs Team B(+6.5). If you think Team A will win by seven or more, you BUY for this game. If you think either Team B will win or lose by six or less, you SELL.

PLEASE NOTE UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED THE LINES YOU'RE TIPPING ON ARE AS POSTED HERE. If they change later in the week you're still tipping on these ones unless there's a post acknowledging the change - I don't think they change all that often, but I usually don't be on anythign which talks back, so I'm no expert.

Anyway, here's the TAB lines, venues and times for round 2. Get to it. Tipping closes 7pm Thursday Australian Eastern Daylight Time.

EDIT: IF YOU DECIDE TO CHANGE YOUR TIPS, THEY WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED IF YOU QUOTE YOUR ORIGINAL POST THEN LIST YOUR NEW TIPS IN FULL AND BOLD ONLY THE CHANGED TIPS. Otherwise it's too hard to trawl through the thread looking for updated tips.

FixtureVenueTVTime
Round 2
Thursday, March 14
Broncos-8.5 vs Rabbitohs+8.5Suncorp StadiumNine/Fox8pm
Friday, March 15
Sharks-8.5 vs Bulldogs+8.5PointsBet StadiumFox6pm
Panthers-7.5 vs Eels+7.5BlueBet StadiumNine/Fox8:05pm
Saturday, March 16
Raiders-7.5 vs Tigers+7.5GIO StadiumFox3pm
Cowboys-7.5 vs Knights+7.5Queensland Country Bank StadiumFox5:30pm
Storm-5.5 vs Warriors+5.5AAMI ParkFox7:35pm
Sunday, March 17
Sea Eagles+1.5 vs Roosters-1.54 Pines ParkNine/Fox4:05pm
Dolphins+1.5 vs Dragons-1.5Kayo StadiumFox6:15pm

Last edited:

ashley bach

International Captain
EG

Match one the Broncos are 8.5 favourires.

Buy if you think they win by 9 points or more.
Sell if you want Souths to win or lose by 1-8.

ashley bach

International Captain
Call me anally retentive but that gives us 19.
Would much rather have an even 20 so suggest we have a non-league poster to join as a wild card joker.
Perhaps Mags could do us the favour @Magrat Garlick

Flem274*

123/5
Breaking my lifetime rule of never betting on the ****ing Warriors

Round 2

B
B
B
B
S
B
B
B

Looks like there's a typo in the final 2 (+ and - switch sides)? Will quote this post and relist in full if needed.

Burgey

Dolphins terribad last week. Dragons a good shout to go 2-0 for what must be the first time in ages Shane PEDagan got them up and about early.

Cheers Phlegm - will edit the original post so in future when chAnges are made I'll ask folks to Bold the change. Don't worry about doing it this instance though.

ashley bach

International Captain
Yeah all the talk about Bennett having the Phins ready to fire fell to bits. 43 conceded in round one is atrocious.

Burgey

Yeah terrible. Second year Bennett is usually a high point too. Itstl. Even the Dogs looked better than them. Had nothing in attack but worked ****ing hard in defence.