• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2020/21 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft (Division 1)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Projected bonus points now added to the sheet:

Non-Ravindra Emerging Player
Nathan Smith (Straw Man) 619 pts leads Fraser Sheat (Kippax) 435.
King of the Openers
Tom Latham (Kippax) 378 runs leads Henry Cooper (Chewie) 264.
Absolute Spud
Logan van Beek (Chewie) 11 ppg leads Finn Allen (Vandem) 25.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
My goal isn't to come last again like previous attempts and so far I'm doing not terrible.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

The lead is a bit more comfortable for the draft's rookie Ataraxia than it appears. His bonus of 500 points is completely sewn up but isn't yet featuring, also Straw Man's McConchie, Solia and Smith are yet to get anything too fruitful going with the bat to get his team complying.

Smith battling some kind of injury now too, which could really lock in Straw Man's final man allowed (with Southee and Rance) to finish the season with higher bowling points than batting points.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
If Finn Allen was injured/unavailable, I will get Chu activated in that round just gone for you, Vandem.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
GW Ataraxia.

Despite gaining some attention in the Super Smash, McConchie has been especially terrible with the bat in FC this season. I'm a little lucky both he and Smith picked up some soft points against WI A.

Solia switching from engine room to opening batsman was never going to end well though.

ataraxia

International Coach
It's a bit odd that I'm winning by that much considering my R4 pick hasn't played at all this season.

vandem

International 12th Man
Hi Kippax, I made some minor edits:

For Ataraxia: Williamson injured, sub by D Phillips.

For Kippax: should Latham fielding catches count? Will let you review.

For me: I suggest Allen should be treated similar to early season IPL players, so no sub.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Bonus point mini contests. Next full update will be after R7.

Non-Ravindra Emerging Player
Nathan Smith (Straw Man) 663 pts leads Fraser Sheat (Kippax) 634.
King of the Openers
Tom Latham (Kippax) 549 runs leads Henry Cooper (Chewie) 391.
Absolute Spud
Finn Allen (Vandem) 25 ppg leads Katene Clarke (Athlai) 27.75.
PPG Crown
Ataraxia 137.3 ppg leads Straw Man 104.2.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes that wooden spoon race has really heated up this afternoon. Bracewell (Athlai) vs. Blundell (Chewie).

Fraser Sheat has completely lost his bowling form, but he's within a wicket or catch of taking the Non-Ravindra bonus points off Nathan Smith. A couple of ducks when Sheat bats could be Smith's chance of hanging on.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Needed some Bhula runs today really, Athlai. Or better yet, Conway to remain in Auckland.

vandem

International 12th Man
Do keepers get a part share of joint run out points?
My example was Chu. But I see there was a minor change in points rules for bench players who are WKs. Which means that choosing a WK as a bench player was not a good idea.