• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2020/21 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft (Division 1)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

1605681618933.png
1605670897193.png

A booming 524-point bowling round for Straw Man. The first to haul in 500 in a round with solely bat or ball.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes pretty unlucky for Chewie. McClenaghan was lobbying for Matt McEwan to get more of a NZ A look this time last year, but it seems GoodAreasShane may've been closer to the mark. Maybe he'll be back fit and ahead of Ferns for R5-R8, who knows.

vandem

International 12th Man
Early days yet. Some of the early season stars (e.g. Conway, Mitchell) might not get much more first class cricket due to NZ T20 (+ODI) selection.

I am a bit gutted not to carry on my winning Div 2 form into this season. I do wonder what a fit Matt Henry would have done for my score in the three games where Williams and Sheat took 34 wickets @ 14.

Note that Straw Man might be leading, but currently has too many bowling all-rounders. Might be OK by the end of the season as Solia and Mitchell are good enough to make runs and their wicket tally could dry up as the pitches dry up. Kippax is OK for now but perhaps hoping that Rippon and Schmulian don't get too many bags on late season turning pitches?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes I had a look some of Schmulian's wickets and figured 'the bowling's clearly the weaker suit here'. It's become riskier for me because of the prolonged Ajaz injury, also the fact they're happy to bat him down in the engine room, rather than make him the toiling 200-ball Saffer I had him pegged as.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Note that Straw Man might be leading, but currently has too many bowling all-rounders. Might be OK by the end of the season as Solia and Mitchell are good enough to make runs and their wicket tally could dry up as the pitches dry up. Kippax is OK for now but perhaps hoping that Rippon and Schmulian don't get too many bags on late season turning pitches?
yeah my lead is a mirage with the points I'll lose from batsmen not scoring any runs

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

How talliers can do a cell for a bowling haul taken in a Test, adding the 1.5x multiplier:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Kuggeleijn going before Jamieson did, honestly. I must've figured KJ would be stuck on 12th man duties a lot.

Last edited:

vandem

International 12th Man
Woohoo. Mid table!

Faith in Ravindra was rewarded.

Now for Finn Allen to make some white ball runs before a stonking 2nd half of Plunket Shield ....

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, this maiden NZ first-class draft of Ataraxia's is going about as successfully as Jonah Lomu's maiden World Cup.

There were eight Mike Catts who went foraging for Michael Rippons and Fraser Sheats and were generally being a bit too light in the loafers. You secured KW/KJ/Wagner/Ferguson and steamrolled them all.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Well yeah this is our first season with Test play being at 1.5x points, and that big 500 for PPG (a winning total in a six-a-side comp will only be about 5000) helped to justify his Williamson selection.

vandem

International 12th Man
Some pundits have noticed that Ataraxia's stars are about to get subbed, and have some doubts about his bench strength. Some other teams are likely to keep their hard working starters on the field for the full 80 minutes.