• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2020/21 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft (Division 1)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Eligible for Division 1 (if they choose to play again):
Kippax, Chewie, Flem274*, Bahnz, Vandem, Straw Man

I have no definite Plunket Shield schedule to give you here, but it's getting to where we'll just have to wing it this season. I've heard Round 1 begins October 19, four successive rounds will be played before the West Indies and West Indies A arrive. The IPL players will be unavailable for those Shield rounds (Williamson, Neesham, Santner, Boult and Ferguson).

Just a Hong Kong Sixes format I think this year, as all the tallying got on top of me last season with just Vandem pitching in. A team of six, with up to four to come in off your bench for injuries/illness. If your top bench player is uninjured but inactive in first-class, I'll activate your next man down..

Tests: West Indies (2), Pakistan (2)
Plunket Shield: Oct-Nov (4), Feb-Mar (4?)
NZA: West Indies (2), West Indies A (1), Pakistan A (2) (if any are 12-a-side cricket, they're voided).
NZ XI: Windies A (1) (if 12-a-side cricket, voided. Scheduled to run concurrent with NZ vs. WI 2nd Test, also NZA vs. Pak A)

Note: Williamson and co. may only make four or five first-class appearances this season (the IPL final is November 10). A player's highest eight points hauls of the season will count towards his total.

Points gained in Tests will carry a 1.5x prestige bonus.

Only three of your Super Six draftees can score more bowling points in the season than batting points. Otherwise, infringing players on your team (lowest points-earners first) will go to zero.

Anyone you bat at 5-6 scoring more batting points in the season than bowling points, infringing players on your team will go to zero.

Your designated wicket-keeper will only score non-WK fielding and bowling points if he's making way in the match at hand for a gloveman with Test caps (Seifert for Watling, but not Phillips for Horne).

Absolute Spud Drafted Super Six player (does not include the bench) with the worst ratio of points to games played: -100 points
King of the Openers Drafted player to score the most runs as an opener: 200 bonus points
Non-Ravindra Emerging Player Excluding Rachin Ravindra, the highest points tally for a drafted player born 1998 or later: 200 bonus points. Eligible would be Sears, Smith, Sheat, Allen, McKay, D. Phillips, Wiggins, Chu, Clarke, Fisher, Murray, Bhula, Foxcroft (best you don't pick Foxcroft).
PPG Crown Calculated after the other bonus awards and penalties have been applied, the drafted team with the highest points per game played (includes bench players): 500 bonus points

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes Ludick's wickets and Watling making a double ton gave Phlegm a much better season than usual.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
With a Hong Hong Sixes format, we could maybe let nine posters play in Division 1, that's true. If Howsie turns up in the next couple of days though, we'll definitely keep it as two divisions.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll wait one more full day for a Div 2 Howsie, nzfan or someone.

Be prepared to run with this order at 5pm tomorrow NZT, if no one has shown. 24-hour timeouts for the first six rounds of drafting, 12-hour timeouts for the last four rounds of bench selecting.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Athlai's now up.

Athlai
Straw Man
Ataraxia
Kippax
NZTailender
Flem274*
Bahnz
Chewie
Vandem

Vandem
Chewie
Bahnz
Flem274*
NZTailender
Kippax
Ataraxia
Straw Man
Athlai

If you want to pick your own team colour for the spreadsheet, give me the #ff0000 type of hex code.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I see homer Stead has said he fancies retaining Nicholls and asking Conway to just go through the usual hoops of racking up the runs in 'A' four-dayers this season.

He has to do that, or Pocknall has to talk Blundell back into a middle-order slot and begin opening with Conway in the Shield immediately.

vandem

International 12th Man
Hi Kippax, can you please clarify the "Anyone you bat at 5-6 scoring more batting points in the season than bowling points, infringing players on your team will go to zero. " rule. Is this only for your Super Six draftees, or is there an extra complication for bench players?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Just a quick note on wicket-keepers in a nine-player draft. If you end up with someone who's really not known for wicket-keeping at all and you're prepared to simply take the hit from losing his 50-150 fielding points, I'm going to turn a blind eye to that.

Ataraxia now up.