• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2016 Under 19 Cricket World Cup

SeamUp

International Coach
In the lunch break they showed a little insert at the new National Academy centre for cricket and it was with 17 year-old Wiaan Mulder. He certainly looks a talent. Probably needs to work on his bowling a little a bit but really excited about him & Galiem in this team.

Then you have 19 year-old Phehlukwayo & 22 year-old Savage in our domestic set-up from the last two u19 world-cups. The crying out for all-rounders could end in the near future.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
The English players playing in the Bangledesh T20 had to signs waivers before the ECB granted no objection certificates because of a high threat of terrorism. Be interesting to see if England travel to this tournament.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I think the government is doing a grave mistake by not focusing on the issues. Not admitting the problem is a problem itself. There have been far too many occurrences lately. There were alarming signs when atheist bloggers were being killed and the government was reluctant to take any serious actions. They were busy blaming the opposition parties. Then within a span of few days, one Italian, one German (?) and one Japanese got murdered. Police caught the guys who were responsible for the Italian murder case but I have not heard any progress regarding the other cases. The police force caught some guys few days back reportedly trying to cause panic in the name of ISIS (according to the police). It should be noted that ISIS took responsibilities of these murders. If government knowingly not admitting the presence of ISIS influence then they are digging their own graves. There were two bomb blasts recently and many got injured with 1 dead. Incidentally ISIS claimed responsibilities for both. I refuse to believe the government that there is no ISIS link with all these. If they don't take actions and put boots to the ground, things can get even worse. Also the conditions of opposition parties esp Jamaat- E- Islam are such that they are capable of doing anything to bring bad reputation to the government. All the concerns by teams (who are about to visit) are genuine and should be dealt seriously.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Wow, that's pretty huge. Massive disappointment to the players, I imagine.

Also @SeamUp, Any word of what has happened with regards to Sintu Manjezi? He'd be a year or two too old for this, but I remember he was a genuine prospect in both rugby and cricket.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
CA repeatedly cited the threat to particularly Australian interest which played a key role in pulling out I guess. Disappointed that things had to turn this way.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
"The warm-up matches against Pakistan and New Zealand in the UAE will still provide them with some valuable experiences in foreign conditions, even if isn't in the tournament itself."

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who does everyone think will win?

I know Bangladesh domestic cricket wouldn't be very strong, but the fact that several of their guys have played FC cricket over there and done well is a good sign IMO. Think they'll give it a shake especially at home.

cnerd123

likes this
BD always kick ass at U-19. Loads of talent, and the U-19 players of BD do get exposed to higher levels of cricket a lot sooner than other countries. Would be fantastic to see them win.