• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2014/15 Football Draft

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can't believe Xavi hadn't been taken yet! A class above the remaining options.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Xavi is obvs still quality but the guy who actually starts for Barcelona over him these days was only picked a couple of goes before he was.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Still think Xavi is better than the other CMs left floating around anyways.

Haiku Morkenstein you better not hold this up again you glorious icicle.

Agent TBY

International Captain
tbh I was under the impression this was a football draft first and foremost, with the FIFA thing being a sizeable extra.

I mean, where's the fun in going down a list of top-rated players, picking them one by one?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I mean, where's the fun in going down a list of top-rated players, picking them one by one?
Winning is fun.

(Also if anyone is actually paying attention I'm obviously not doing that, if I was my team would look very different. I'm only picking players I like and would want to play).

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I created it to be an opportunity to pick a fun/quality team, not whoever is good on this year's Fifa or whatevs. It's just a fun extra. :) I picked a player because he favourited my tweet once frbs, haha.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Winning is fun.

(Also if anyone is actually paying attention I'm obviously not doing that, if I was my team would look very different. I'm only picking players I like and would want to play).
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I was just speaking hypothetically for the draft in general there.

Xavi's still a quality pickup at this stage either way, but so was Pogba at #36, and that'd look utterly moronic if we didn't take IRL value into account.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nate - Messi, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Kompany, Muller
Cabinet - Ronaldo, Busquets, J Boateng, Alaba, Kroos
pothas - Suarez, Modric, Alexis Sanchez, Mascherano, Pique
GIMH - Neymar, Courtois, Benatia, Gotze, Terry
Dan - Neuer, Hummels, Fabregas, Pogba, Costa
sledger - Aguero, Ozil, Ramos, Arturo Vidal, Pedro
> marc - Thiago Silva, van Persie, David Silva, Lloris, Di Maria
Vimes - Iniesta, Lahm, Tevez, ter Stegen, Rakitic, Koke
TBY - Hazard, Robben, Lewandowski, Toure, Alves, Alba
dcye - Bale, Ibrahimovic, Rodriguez, Reus, Xavi, Gundogan

headin' up

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Pogba at #36, and that'd look utterly moronic if we didn't take IRL value into account.
Yep. Sure does.

Funny thing about FIFA ratings is that they're always a year behind, in both bumping players to elite status who've made the jump, and dropping people out of that elite group when they've finally started the decline. I don't think I'm breaking the spirit of it by taking that into account when I make my picks, but some of you might.

To me it's no different from when CW Cricket was going (or WCC). In the end, you always went for the guys with the best simming averages regardless of whether they'd been playing well or not (activity notwithstanding). I see this as no different. I mean I didn't take the best guys available because I wanted to play 4-2-3-1 and taking more than one striker, or 3 CAM players doesn't fit that style, so I took worse players, and players that I like, over other players who were better. But I still prioritised those who have "better simming stats" when I went for those positions, so to speak.

Last edited: