• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20 Cwers ranked 18 all-rounders. Here is the countdown list!

Slifer

International Captain
...and Sobers and Kallis are the only two AR to average over 55 with the bat and under 35 with the ball.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Wonder if Procky, or even Rhodes, might have given Miller a run for his money if they were included.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Once again, very well done MrMister. Enjoyable write ups and a very enjoyable result. I'm a huge Khan fan, and a slightly larger Miller fan - the only all rounder to have his own slogan - "It's Miller Time!"

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Very well done Mr. Mister. After a long time we had a countdown thread that threw up some unexpected/unconventional results. Made for a very enjoyable read throughout.

Personally would have liked Imran topping the list but if not him, no one better than Miller to win the honours.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Being honest, I thought this'd be kinda boring when you started it, but the presentation turned out to be really interesting. Gw

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks Howe. It would have been nice to have a bigger pool of all rounders and also more voters. But this was decent. I was planning to race through the write ups until I got to Trevor Goddard and really enjoyed in depth analysis
From then on I spent a long time studying statsguru for each guy

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
would people be interested in an ODI all-rounders edition? It'd be nearly all new names, with only a few of the same guys where it was necessary(Flintoff, Pollock, maybe one or two of the big four but definitely no Botham)

be cool to see where Klusener, Watson, Afridi and even Steve Waugh end up on a list like this. A few '90s/00s kiwis might warrant participation as well

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Wonder if Procky, or even Rhodes, might have given Miller a run for his money if they were included.
Procter definitely, **** South Africa's racism and politics. Based on his first class stats and achievements, playing around the same time as the big 4 he would have been huge. South Africa itself would've been equal to or better than the West Indies at the time I believe. His bowling was amazing, obviously, and well 6 first class centuries in 6 consecutive innings speaks for itself. In between Imran and Miller as a batsman and right up there with Imran and Hadlee as a bowler.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Certainly. I've always held Procter's bowling abilities in the highest regard. For me, he is in the top tier of all-time fast bowlers. And it was only until recently that I realised how great of a batsman he must have been too (6 centuries in a row & other such feats).

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd like to see how the following guys would fare using MM's methodology:

Alan Davidson
Mike Procter
Wilfred Rhodes
Monty Noble
Clive Rice
Trevor Bailey
Frank Wooley
Warwick Armnstrong
Frank Foster

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Certainly. I've always held Procter's bowling abilities in the highest regard. For me, he is in the top tier of all-time fast bowlers. And it was only until recently that I realised how great of a batsman he must have been too (6 centuries in a row & other such feats).
Weren't the 6 consecutive centuries in the lower level South African system though (so more similar to Grade Cricket standard then first class cricket)

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
I'd like to see how the following guys would fare using MM's methodology:

Alan Davidson
Mike Procter
Wilfred Rhodes
Monty Noble
Clive Rice
Trevor Bailey
Frank Wooley
Warwick Armnstrong
Frank Foster
You could go back even earlier than Rhodes and Noble, and include George Giffen, Albert Trott, Billy Barnes, Billy Bates, WG Grace, George Hirst, Allan Steel, Stanley Jackson and Jimmy Sinclair...

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Weren't the 6 consecutive centuries in the lower level South African system though (so more similar to Grade Cricket standard then first class cricket)
The South African first class competition was extremely strong then, especially due to the the international ban. Definitely a better batsman than Imran, wouldn't put him quite up with someone like Miller. His overall first class stats are almost exactly on par with his first class stats playing for Gloucestershire. Respectively, 21936 @ 36.01 with 48 centuries, 1417 wickets @ 19.53 with 70 5 fers. At Gloucestershire, 14441 @ 36.19, 32 centuries, 833 wickets @ 19.54.

Last edited: