• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st semi final: Sri Lanka v West Indies

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
It was a dog act, denying him his century, but many champion players have had moments of unsportsman like behaviour, one incident doesn't taint a whole career for mine

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
That's not the point, you didn't know the facts and you tried to enter the argument just to defend Sri Lanka blindly.
The point is that you have missed that I've said the same thing some time back when it happened as well. The whole point is that Dilshan and Randiv played within the rules to achieve something although it looks ****y,

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
But well outside the spirit of the game, which is arguably just as important, Randiv and Dilshan were rightly sanctioned

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It was a dog act, denying him his century, but many champion players have had moments of unsportsman like behaviour, one incident doesn't taint a whole career for mine
Of course it doesn't.

It didn't bother me that much at the time. But its a dog act and call it what it is. Don't defend your player just because they happen to come from the same country that you do. It was a petty poor sportsmanship act and if people call it as it is you have to cop it.

Migara isn't doing that.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Spirit of the game and sportmanship etc are overrated. Everyone behaves as obnoxious weeds when conditions are right for such an act. Even if this was done by an opposition player I would not grumble. Laws are there to abide by as well as bend and push it to the limits and to be exploited. If the current rules are not good, then we'll change it. No point in grumbling like a senile when things are done within the rules,

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
But well outside the spirit of the game, which is arguably just as important, Randiv and Dilshan were rightly sanctioned
They were sanctioned because Shewag and Indian adminsitrators started whinging. SLC bent so low to BCCI, they had to do something to please their masters. Dilshan was too big a player to be dealt harshly, but Randiv's career was targeted. Even after doing very well he never gets a chance in team while hacks like Dilruwan Perera and Ajantha Mendis are called failure after failure.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
No, the SLC sanctioned Randiv and Dilshan to maintain credibility, it was an unsportsman like act out of pure spite, Randiv copped the brunt of it cos he actually went and did it, although perhaps Dilshan also should've have copped a ban

YorksLanka

International Debutant
arent we missing the original point here tho gents that people chastise Sanga for something that Dilly and Randhiv did?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
No, the SLC sanctioned Randiv and Dilshan to maintain credibility, it was an unsportsman like act out of pure spite, Randiv copped the brunt of it cos he actually went and did it, although perhaps Dilshan also should've have copped a ban
Credibility? from SLC? Better check virginity of a whore and you'll find it sooner than SLC's credibility. SLC acted as credible, in front of the $$ that BCCI provide. If Randiv did this against England, Bangladesh or Australia, SLC would have not bothered a bit.