• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st June - Group A - England v Bangladesh

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

91Jmay

International Coach
Roy looks absolute filth. He is having borderline throw downs bowled at him and hasn't got a clue.

Calls for Bairstow will get louder, and I must say I am starting to agree. I'd quite like idea opening Root to see if he could do an Amla type role.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Would it not be better to just open with Root and bring Bairstow into the team...?
Quite possibly. He's had credit in the bank but there's only so many trash innings you can put up with from an opening batsman during such a short tournament.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
3 quiet overs, 1 wicket and people forget the depth of this team, something everyone has been screaming the last few months

We need S Kennedy here now to see how quickly "England are favourites" bandwagon has lost steam

Tec15

First Class Debutant
For god's sake get Shakib off and Mustafizur on. Save Shakib for the middle overs instead of wasting him on the new ball.

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Roy looks absolute filth. He is having borderline throw downs bowled at him and hasn't got a clue.

Calls for Bairstow will get louder, and I must say I am starting to agree. I'd quite like idea opening Root to see if he could do an Amla type role.
Bairstow has opened in list a cricket and had a century recently so no reason he shouldn't open here. Root is fine at 3.

Roy is utter filth.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
They are just milking Shakib now. Masrafee is such an awful captain. Same thing happened a few weeks ago against New Zealand. Trust him to always repeat his mistakes.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
This is excruciating. Captaincy by rote. Trust him to bring on Mustafizur too late, take him off after a few overs and "save" him for the death overs while England maneuver to a win. He has previous form in that regard.

JRC67

U19 12th Man
Rashid has been pretty consistent this year and when he gets the chance to bat, he does pretty well. There was no reason to keep him out but the thinking was obviously Bang and spin.
The issue I think the management will have with him are:
1. they pulled him from the side all together in India after the first game when he bowled poorly and looked shot of all confidence
2. twice in the West Indes they removed him from the attack when he was under pressure and although he came back well against the lower middle order there is a suspicion he struggles against top order batsmen who play spin well
3. he struggled a little against South Africa

His figures for the year benefit from the Ireland games. I was surprised he didn't play here but I have a hunch Bayliss isn't that big a fan. I'd like to see him play in the first couple of home tests because I'm not convinced 100% with him, but I not totally unconvinced either. I think without a doubt he's a good bowler to players below the highest level and on his day he can be excellent. He can also be less than ordinary at times.

tobe_ornot2

Banned
The issue I think the management will have with him are:
1. they pulled him from the side all together in India after the first game when he bowled poorly and looked shot of all confidence
2. twice in the West Indes they removed him from the attack when he was under pressure and although he came back well against the lower middle order there is a suspicion he struggles against top order batsmen who play spin well
3. he struggled a little against South Africa

His figures for the year benefit from the Ireland games. I was surprised he didn't play here but I have a hunch Bayliss isn't that big a fan. I'd like to see him play in the first couple of home tests because I'm not convinced 100% with him, but I not totally unconvinced either. I think without a doubt he's a good bowler to players below the highest level and on his day he can be excellent. He can also be less than ordinary at times.
He's played in 41 of 44 odis and is part of one if England's most successful ODI sides, definitely their best all round side.

Its simply that they felt bang might play spinners better but he'll be back. If he isn't than England have had a massive brain fart.

91Jmay

International Coach
England don't want to have 20 overs of spin though, which with Stokes' injury concerns could be a real possibility. Moeen adds big value with the blade, so Rash misses out. I'd have him back in for Ball but I get the reasoning.