• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1992 World Cup draft voting thread

Please vote for the three strongest teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Please vote for the three strongest teams. Please consider players' entire careers when casting your votes, not just their efforts at the 1992 CWC.

Fuller Pilch

Sanath Jayasuriya 5
Andrew Jones
Sanjay Manjrekar
Robin Smith
Hansie Cronje (c) 7
Carl Hooper 6
Chris Cairns 4
Ian Smith (wk)
Champaka Ramanayake 3
Danny Morrison 2
Patrick Patterson 1

mr_mister

Mark Waugh 6
Alastair Campbell *
Ijaz Ahmed
Aravinda De Silva 7
Dave Houghton +
Roshan Mahanama
Chris Harris 4
Tom Moody 3
Winston Benjamin 2
John Traicos 5
Allan Donald 1

Charter 77 Final XI

Alec Stewart (+)
Mark Taylor (*)
Javed Miandad
Neil Fairbrother
Vinod Kambli
Kapil Dev
Roger Harper
Chris Lewis
Dipak Patel
Gavin Larsen
Merv Hughes

Teuton

Kris Srikkanth
Aamir Sohail
Richie Richardson
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Gus Logie
Imran Khan c
Adrian Kuiper
Malcolm Marshall
Dave Richardson
Aaqib Javed
Mushtaq Ahmed

trundler

Tendulkar
Greatbatch
Lamb
Azharuddin
Ranatunga*
McMillan 4
More+
McDermott 1
Cummins 2
Peter Taylor 5
Wickramsinghe 3

srbhkshk

Desmond Haynes
Graham Gooch
Brian Lara *
Saleem Malik
Jonty Rhodes
Phil Simmons
Keith Arthurton
Moin Khan +
Phil Tufnell
Jawagal Srinath
Philip DeFreitas

jimmy101

Ajay Jadeja
Kepler Wessels*
Dean Jones
Asanka Gurusinha
Andy Flower+
Ravi Shastri
Ian Botham
Manoj Prabhakar
Richard Snell
Venkatapathy Raju
Bruce Reid

BoyBrumby

1) GR Marsh RHB
2) PN Kirsten RHB, OB
3) GA Hick RHB, OB
4) MD Crowe* RHB, RM
5) SR Waugh RHB, RM
6) Hasan Tillakaratne+ LHB
7) DA Reeve RHB, RM
8) DR Pringle RHB, RM
9) RK Illingworth RHB, SLA
10) CEL Ambrose LHB, RF
11) W Watson RHB, RFM

GoodAreasShane

David Boon
Rameez Raja
Athula Samarasekera
Allan Border (C)
Pravin Amre
Ian Healy (WK)
Wasim Akram
Iqbal Sikandar
Eddo Brandes
Meyrick Pringle
Mike Whitney

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I like the look of mr_m's bowling, AD and Winston Benjamin is a very solid opening pair, decent spin options with CZ Harris & Traicos and Jr Waugh was still bowling seam up back in 92 (I think) which I always thought was his better MO, so he gets one of my votes.

C77 has a very impressive looking top 6 and enough depth to have Chris Lewis coming in at #8, with a pretty solid bowling unit (Kapil Dev was a good grab), so he gets a tick too.

Love srbhkshk's batting, but think maybe he's a bit light in the seam dept. Jimmy's batting has amazing depth, he's got a decent seam attack but spin might be a slight concern, so think Tueton gets the third nod. Gotta love Imran Khan and MM in the same attack.

smash84

The Tiger King
Seems like a tough draft.

mrmr and Tueton clear two top ones for mine (teuton for bowling, mrmr for the batting).

Find it hard to select between charter, trundler, BB and GAS. Charter has really good batsmen but very thin on the bowling(except kapil ofc). GAS has border, healy, and akram in the same team which makes it more solid than it probably is :p. Trundler has tendulkar and azhar in the same team, which means a really strong batting with ranatunga also playing.

Maybe I'll go with charter too.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Congrats Teuton & Michael - joint winners of the WC draft.

Is it time for a super over then?

MrPrez

International Debutant
Am I missing something or is Teuton a bowler short? Unless Kuiper is taking 10 overs...

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Trundler has the strongest all round side IMO. ODIs are about batting and he has the best batting from this world cup (Azhar's tendency to match fix notwithstanding).

Picking McDermott and Peter Taylor is also a stroke of genius for getting my vote. Both blokes are incredibly underrated.