• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

Agar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Some of them might have been and some of the qualification scenarios were unreal too. One has to wonder about these given the Meiyappen and Kundra aspects. Yes, I am for real. You can't compare it with 1992 world cup, no. In that case rain came which saved Pakistan and then they played really well.
You don't have to latch onto specifics. It doesn't have to be the 1992 world cup. It could have been any other tournament where a team with fixers in it wins the trophy. The point is that it is your own logic which forces the comparison. :unsure:

I am afraid I have to be blunt here. You're chucking strawmen into the conversation repeatedly and acting dense otherwise as a coping mechanism; or perhaps you really are dense, I can't tell. This is no way to hold a honest debate. At the risk of sounding like a pompous ass, I withdraw from what has been an utter waste of time. I have had more intelligent conversations with my toddler nephews.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I think you are the one making things out of my points imagining things where the point I have made is quite simple and clear. Cheers.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Dad: Why are you up so late, don't you have work tomorrow
Me: I'm starting work late tomorrow
Dad: tsk tsk, you're starting work late for a cricket match?
Me: Dad, you came home early during 92 World Cup Final. I don't remember the match but that's what I remember.
Dad: Played
Me: This is my 92 Final...except it's better coz it's India

The last one week, all I have done is just relive various moments from the match, then watch the highlights, then get some new moments to relive, watch more highlights, read about the match, watch the highlights, relive the moment. "This has been the greatest day of my life"

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I still can't believe it. So I watch the highlights every ****ing day. I think I have watched Amir's 3 wickets a few hundred times by now

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I still can't believe it. So I watch the highlights every ****ing day. I think I have watched Amir's 3 wickets a few hundred times by now
Tell me about it, I still watch Federer vs. Nadal 5th set highlights from the Australian Open every 2 days. :happy:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Starting the day with the 2.5 hour highlights today this time with Hindi commentary with Sehwag in the commentary box when Amir gets Kohli and Rohit

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Was watching the India v West Indies 5th ODI with a few friends. One started ranting how we could lose the match so badly and parts thrown in that it must be fixed. He was still angry that we lost lol. I love this aspect the most - a few people have wondered how we could lose so badly. It's a cricket match ffs. Teams win and teams lose and some times it's a comprehensive win too.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Just like when you watch a movie over and over again and you find your own little moments, I have an entire list of my moments from this match.

In the first match, Imad Wasim (left arm spinner) bowls to opener Shikhar (left handed opener) who cuts it past backward point and it goes through Shehzad (who is supposed to be a good fielder in that position) and Shehzad just looks around for the ball like a fool. 4 runs to Shikhar.

In the final, Ravindra Jadeja ( left arm spinner) bowls to opener Fakhar (left handed opener) who cuts it past backward point and it goes through Yuvraj (who is supposed to be a good fielder in that position) and Yuvraj just looks around for the ball like a fool. 4 runs to Fakhar.

Also, Shikhar and Fakhar rhyme.