• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

13th Match - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cnerd123

likes this
Mauka means 'opportunity' or 'chance' in hindi/urdu.

It started with this ad for the India/Pak match on Star Sports:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za4qBpSQb9A

Basically the Pakistani kid doesn't ever get the chance to light the fireworks because Pakistan keeps losing to India in the world cup, with the final dialogue he says meaning "When will we ever light these?".

This ad is quite hilarious and, as a follow up, Star Sports released another one for India vs South Africa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt69oY8T6pc

The narrator reminds the fans in this ad that India hasn't beaten South Africa one in 3 attempts, and says to tune in on the 22nd (today) and we will finally beat them.

So the Cricinfo comic and that (lame) cartoon are just building on that Fireworks and 'Mauka Mauka' meme.

I don't quite get the comic's punchline tho. Amla and ABDV visit the Indian dressing room with fireworks to tease the Indian side, only to show MSD carrying a box full of bombs? Something to suggest that India are prepared to bring more firepower than South Africa's fireworks? IDK, doesn't quite work for me. The Star Sports ads are hilarious tho, IMO.

Last edited:

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Aren't those bombs shaped like Dhawan's face etc etc? Not funny but w/e.

Definitely both teams will look to bat first as both have a lot of batting firepower, a huge score will ease the pressure on the bowlers.

Edit: yeah the green one is Dhawan, blue Kohli (?), not sure about the other two but I'd be guessing Rohit and someone else

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aren't those bombs shaped like Dhawan's face etc etc? Not funny but w/e.

Definitely both teams will look to bat first as both have a lot of batting firepower, a huge score will ease the pressure on the bowlers.
Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same that both sides would want to bat first.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Should be a cracking match. India are a dangerous side as always just because of their batting and always have a chance to win. However, South Africa have a lot of big guns too and on paper are way stronger. If de Villiers and a few others click today I think we should win it.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Hmm interesting pitch. SHould bat first imo but SA won't be disppointed to have a crack at the Indian batsmen first up.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't mind if I was AB, the Indian team could chase down any total they put up tbh and with ease on their day.

Flem274*

123/5
don't know who to cheer for. normally it would be SA by a mile but the pragmatist in me wants to see them struggle a bit.