• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

12th June - Group B - Sri Lanka v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Scored 444 against them last year. Although, Wahab.
That was a slightly different pace attack. That was Hasan's debut series, he is a markely better bowler, Junaid is back and rejuvenatd and along with Amir, this is a very very formidable seam attack now.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Easy there, Amir's bowled well but he still only has two wickets this entire tournament

Hasan's been one of, if not the best quicks this entire tournament though I'll give you that.

cnerd123

likes this
Junaid and Amir were both excellent today.

Their 4th/5th/6th bowling options aren't bad either. Will be interesting to see.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
That was a slightly different pace attack. That was Hasan's debut series, he is a markely better bowler, Junaid is back and rejuvenatd and along with Amir, this is a very very formidable seam attack now.
I know, it's a good attack. Wonder if it might play on the mind though, maybe even in a good way. Hasan was pretty good from the start tbf, it was just one of those days. Trent Bridge has been a ridiculous road in recent years, where Cardiff seems to be aiding the quicks somewhat.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Easy there, Amir's bowled well but he still only has two wickets this entire tournament

Hasan's been one of, if not the best quicks this entire tournament though I'll give you that.
Amir has bowled well all tournament. Went for 3.91 in a game where India blasted 319 in 48 overs.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
That being said, and not just talking about the potential semi final, but England just too far ahead of Pakistan as an ODI side. Don't expect this improved seam attack to make a difference.

91Jmay

International Coach
Amir played in that series, and has frankly looked average this CT. Hasan is really good, but again played in that series and I have always liked Junaid and Wahab is obviously junk but I would back us to score plenty still.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah as I said, England still far ahead as a side and their approach of smashing even when losing wickets would negate any inroads created by the seamers and Pakistan batting will never be able to mach up. Have to disagree about Amir in CT. As I said, its easy to forget how well he bowled against India given the lacklustre performance all around him.

Now 91Jmay, you had said you would rather face Pakistan/Sri Lanka over South Africa earlier in one of the threads. Why though? Just interested given South Africa's performance in ICC tournaments and both these sides have looked better than South Africa, regardless of who qualifies.

Burner

International Regular
Regardless of how bad SA mess up in these tournaments, you can't just ignore how much better they are on paper when compared to SL or PAK. If I were an England fan, I'd rather take playing against SL/PAK than SA too.