• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

100 in a year?

Will Warne make it to 100 Test wickets in 2005?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shane Warne has 84 Test wickets in 2005, with 2 Tests to play in the year.

As the current record is 85, I think we can assume he'll take that, but will he push it on to 100?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'll say no. But I think that Ponting is giving him every chance, what with the amount of overs Warne bowled yesterday to MacGill (at least during the middle patch of the day).

Wonder what the record for the most international wickets in a year is?

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i agree with jack. I reckon Ponting will unfortunately give him every possible chance, however he'll fall short.

cameeel

International Captain
I reckon he will, 3 tests still if the Boxing Day Test match counts, so he only needs roughly 3 an innings on average.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
cameeel said:
I reckon he will, 3 tests still if the Boxing Day Test match counts, so he only needs roughly 3 an innings on average.
Three Tests? :huh:

The series vs Windies is finished (bowling wise, anyways) so he has Perth (where he has historically struggled) and Melbourne to go. That's two by my count.

They don't play a Test vs New Zealand.

By the way, great avatar :D

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
I'll say no, because Perth he won't get many and Melbourne he'll get a few.

But overall, only enough to get to 90, I reckon.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I think he'll easily make it, especially considering he's always done well vs South Africa who dont really play leg spin all that well. Only way i see Warne not doing it is if McGill gets them all out first :)

cameeel

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Three Tests? :huh:

The series vs Windies is finished (bowling wise, anyways) so he has Perth (where he has historically struggled) and Melbourne to go. That's two by my count.

They don't play a Test vs New Zealand.

By the way, great avatar :D
Is Boxing Day only the 2nd Test v Sth Africa?

Linda

International Vice-Captain
What actually is the most wickets in a year? Lillee's is just the Australian record isnt it?

Craig

World Traveller
He'll have a good chance at Perth since MacGill won't play but hazard a guess he won't.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Linda said:
What actually is the most wickets in a year? Lillee's is just the Australian record isnt it?
Nope. Lillee holds it with 85. Warne is next with 84, followed by Donald and Murali with 80.