Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 Media (brought to you by BetFare)

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Rob(b)hams join the pack
    Smith and Scott the big names of the round

West Robham Rabid Wolves
    CW XI hopeful Nick Scott will take the spotlight at Kev Gough's Rabid Wolves. His top order batting has pitched him into the ODI frame for CW XI of late, so he is easily one of the most exciting signings of the round. Scott has had precious little T20 experience, but is established in FC and OD cricket for his home club, CW Green, and boasts the flexibility to open the batting in either form. Fast bowler Ryan Dunn fell away shockingly in OD cricket for CW Blue last season. A poor showing in the IPL followed, but the young man has proven in the past that he can be a potent threat with the white ball. A spinner turned opening batsman, Dan Rai's best batting form to date came in Sri Lanka this offseason. But boosted by such impressive performances, he will supply confidence and vigor to the Rabid Wolves top order.
    Signings: NG Scott, RG Dunn, DK Rai

East Robham Upper Body
    The most bizarrely named franchise of the league received good news of the talismanic signing of Dan Smith. The experience of the CW Black captain will be handy for his team-mate, and first-time skipper, Nath Patrick. Smith attracted a large paycheque in the IPL, then failed miserably to justify it. But his efforts in Australia over the past two seasons ensure a fine T20 record, with an average just under 39 and a SR nearing 150. Another captain, CW Green's Mat Mitchell has had reasonable success in T20 cricket, but has found it difficult to establish himself in any form of cricket over the years. Mitchell brings experience and the occasional burst of conventional swing. The third signing is batsman Bosco Fitzsimmons. Cricket Web Colts signed the teenager to replace the legendary Simon Fitzsimmons, but Bosco has not had much time to stamp his authority at this level. In limited appearances, however, Fitzsimmons has shown an ability to play shots and could be a good fit to T20 cricket.
    Signings: DP Smith, MT Mitchell, BC Fitzsimmons
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Pretty stoked with one of those three signings.

EDIT: Haha nah, awesome players to have in the squad, especially on a leadership front. Really excited.
    Last edited by Nate; 19-05-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: I play hard. But I play fair.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Happy to be taken in the first round. Look forward to winning it.
    What, me worry?
    Member of Colts - CW XI Dev League
    Cricket Web Cricket:
    First Class: 72 runs @ 9, 19 wickets @ 44.26
    One Day: 205 runs @ 22.78, 35 wickets @ 44.2
    T20: 27 runs @ 27, 10 wickets @ 28.2

Excited by the addition of Scott and Rai. Both doing great so far in the off season (which is more than can be said for our Icon player, but the less said about that the better ).

Also happy to have Dunn. Im sure he is hungry and looking to cause havoc.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Very happy to have Alex, Nick and Andy joining
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Hmm....
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Nixontown announces sponsor
    By Funkysee Funkydo

Earlier today Nixontown Ninjas revealed their sponsor: The Natural Food Life Company, a division of Chem-Grow, an Allen Crayne Acquisition, which was part of the Squimm Group.

A spokesman for Natural Food Life Company said "we are very excited to sponsor the Ninjas. They already have some exciting players and no doubt will form an excellent team. After all, there is no 'I' in team, just as there’s no 'I' in Teamocil, at least not where you’d think."

President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Fourth round makes page 8 headline
    Gelman and Corrin, the stars of a low profile round

Garven Island Turistas
    More CW Green support joined the Turistas, in the form of promising spin-bowling allroudner, Martin Corrin. Last season Corrin became the least likely player to score a double hundred, but remains a bowling allrounder by trade. He has shown the capability to hit the ball hard, but it is his very handy legspin that may prove most useful in T20. The seventh signing is an unknown quantity in Arsalan Sarwar, who's yet to represent a Dev League side. He markets himself as a middle order batsman with an adventurous streak.
    Signings: M Corrin, AR Sarwar

Davistow Dazzlers
    Stephen Young was one of the most promising new batsmen of Season XIII, but while he settled into the CW Blue first-class team, he found opportunties in OD cricket harder to come by. In 5 IPL games he batted thrice for 68 runs, with a SR of 108. Young will hope to improve on those stats, and enhance his reputation in the shorter form of the game. With Young is allrounder Zac Gelman, the hardworking CW Black allrounder. While Gelman is a fan favourite, he has not yet pushed on with his early promise. But with his strong hitting and clever bowling, he is tailor-made for T20.
    Signings: S Young, ZE Gelman

Fardingham Cockatoos
    The Cockatoos continue to build an impressive side with the addition of the exciting batting talent of Rob Malone jr. The son of CW Green legend, Rob Malone, he defied critics in his maiden Dev League season, and has racked up more than 1000 OD runs in 21 games to date. Along with his aggressive batting style, Malone adds useful seam-up bowling, though he is yet to prove his worth in that regard. A former Green star joins Malone jr., in the form of allrounder Tarick Weber. Now playing for CW Colts, Weber is the first spin option to join Heath Davis' pace-oriented unit. A typical economical bowler and flashy batsman, Weber could slot comfortably into any middle or late order spot.
    Signings: R Malone, TV Weber

Delighted to welcome both Young & Gelman to Davistow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Fifth round players drafted
    Mike Wilson is the pick of the pack

Morkambe Mathemagicians
    Allrounder Blake Donald joins the geek brigade with his flashy strokeplay and steady medium pace. The Under-19 star brings with him no experience of T20, but CW Black training that should qualify him as awesome and arrogant. The out-of-contract Matt Luff adds strength to the Morkambe top order and joins his CW Red opening partner, Jamee Gray. Though Luff has been in indifferent form recently, his OD track record is outstanding.
    Signings: BC Donald, MD Luff

Nixonstown Ninjas
    Mike Wilson is the only CW XI player of the round, heading to Nixonstown and the willing arms of his CW Colts teammate, Greg Thomas. Wilson's reputation as a prolific boundary-hitter has continued to grow over the years in the Dev League. With the ball he supplies is accurate and hardworking, but has not yet adapted his style to the shorter form. His experience with New South Wales could prove invaluable, as he helped the team get to the T20 cup final in Australia. Firmly in the shadow of Wilson, the temperamental Muhammad Amir. A quick bowler of great potential, he has gone missing from the CW Red squad for long periods at a time. With T20 on the mind, he will hopefully focus his energies back into developing his skills.
    Signings: MW Wilson, MU Amir

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Fourth round makes page 8 headline
    Gelman and Corrin, the stars of a low profile round

Garven Island Turistas
    More CW Green support joined the Turistas, in the form of promising spin-bowling allroudner, Martin Corrin. Last season Corrin became the least likely player to score a double hundred, but remains a bowling allrounder by trade. He has shown the capability to hit the ball hard, but it is his very handy legspin that may prove most useful in T20. The seventh signing is an unknown quantity in Arsalan Sarwar, who's yet to represent a Dev League side. He markets himself as a middle order batsman with an adventurous streak.
    Signings: M Corrin, AR Sarwar

Davistow Dazzlers
    Stephen Young was one of the most promising new batsmen of Season XIII, but while he settled into the CW Blue first-class team, he found opportunties in OD cricket harder to come by. In 5 IPL games he batted thrice for 68 runs, with a SR of 108. Young will hope to improve on those stats, and enhance his reputation in the shorter form of the game. With Young is allrounder Zac Gelman, the hardworking CW Black allrounder. While Gelman is a fan favourite, he has not yet pushed on with his early promise. But with his strong hitting and clever bowling, he is tailor-made for T20.
    Signings: S Young, ZE Gelman

Fardingham Cockatoos
    The Cockatoos continue to build an impressive side with the addition of the exciting batting talent of Rob Malone jr. The son of CW Green legend, Rob Malone, he defied critics in his maiden Dev League season, and has racked up more than 1000 OD runs in 21 games to date. Along with his aggressive batting style, Malone adds useful seam-up bowling, though he is yet to prove his worth in that regard. A former Green star joins Malone jr., in the form of allrounder Tarick Weber. Now playing for CW Colts, Weber is the first spin option to join Heath Davis' pace-oriented unit. A typical economical bowler and flashy batsman, Weber could slot comfortably into any middle or late order spot.
    Signings: R Malone, TV Weber
    Yeah it's Martyn with a y thanks

Pleased to be at Garven Island though
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Yeah it's Martyn with a y thanks

Pleased to be at Garven Island though
    I know that.

Honestly, I do...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Very happy to be a member of the Fardingham Cockatoos. The official press release neglects my previous good results in the now defunct Smash25. Hoping I can bring a lot of experience and hopefully fine results to the franchise. Looking forward to working with Heath.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

The only 25Smash final you played in...
    Code:
    Player               Overs   Mdns    Runs   Wkts      E/R    Wds    NBs
    KS Wright             5.0      0      45      0      9.00     1      0
    Choker.
    In that match Mork was listed to bat at 11.

Daily Diamond
    Dazzlers Appoint Allrounder as Vice-Captain
    By Bruce

Davistows newest sporting franchise, the Dazzlers, today appointed hard hitting all rounder Zac Gelman as vice-captain ahead of the Inaugural CW T20 Cup. Gelman, who is understood to be the closest adviser to CWLand dictator James Nixon, has quickly become a fan favourite here in sunny Davistow, and will play a major role in the Dazzlers attack on the T20 Cup.
    Last edited by Johnners; 20-05-2008 at 08:31 AM.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information