• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forum Outage - Tomorrow!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Digging the mobile skin, nice one.

Does my profile remember I've selected it, or will it be device specific?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Liking the new skin, though it will take getting used too. Quicker and sleaker.

Not a major issue, but is it Possible to get the User CP option back alongside New posts etc.. instead of in the drop down menu ?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Liking the new skin, though it will take getting used too. Quicker and sleaker.
If you have any suggestions on making it better, I'm all ears.

Not a major issue, but is it Possible to get the User CP option back alongside New posts etc.. instead of in the drop down menu ?
To get to your User CP, it's through clicking "Settings" on the top right. I'm happy to put another link alongside New Posts as well though, but would be good to hear from others before I do it so your suggestion is supported.

Thanks.

James

Cricket Web Owner
May not have been noticed to date but thumbnails now show for image attachments again.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If you have any suggestions on making it better, I'm all ears.

To get to your User CP, it's through clicking "Settings" on the top right. I'm happy to put another link alongside New Posts as well though, but would be good to hear from others before I do it so your suggestion is supported.

Thanks.
User CP was always in the top left; it's the primary way I actually use the forum and it looks like that applies to other people too. It doesn't actually bother me at all because the User CP URL is the one I have linked to the CW button on my toolbar but I do think it'd make sense to put it back where it was.

James

Cricket Web Owner
User CP was always in the top left; it's the primary way I actually use the forum and it looks like that applies to other people too. It doesn't actually bother me at all because the User CP URL is the one I have linked to the CW button on my toolbar but I do think it'd make sense to put it back where it was.
Sure, it should now show on the left alongside New Posts :)

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is there any particular reason those links on that toolbar in the top left are so small and bunched together? Looks a bit odd IMO.

Talking about: User CPNew PostsFAQCalendarCommunity Forum Actions Quick Links Arcade etc.

Also, you can no longer type a post and then hit TAB + Enter to post? :(

James

Cricket Web Owner
Is there any particular reason those links on that toolbar in the top left are so small and bunched together? Looks a bit odd IMO.

Talking about: User CPNew PostsFAQCalendarCommunity Forum Actions Quick Links Arcade etc.

Also, you can no longer type a post and then hit TAB + Enter to post? :(
I'll see about spacing them a part a bit more, and TAB + Enter worked just fine for this post of mine.

Jarquis

Another thing is that previously unread posts used to be highlighted by an orange icon where the bolded bit is. For me it's permanently non-highlighted. Anything that can be done about it?

[X]Today, 11:14 AM #70
James
Cricket Web Owner

uvelocity

International Coach
so is upping the posts per page.

just noticed the formatting on the mobile skin is a bit off, check sheep draft thread - youtube video and noofers big list of players go off screen

James

Cricket Web Owner
Another thing is that previously unread posts used to be highlighted by an orange icon where the bolded bit is. For me it's permanently non-highlighted. Anything that can be done about it?

[X]Today, 11:14 AM #70
James
Cricket Web Owner
Not sure about this one. Will leave for Rob and hopefully he can fill you in.

so is upping the posts per page.

just noticed the formatting on the mobile skin is a bit off, check sheep draft thread - youtube video and noofers big list of players go off screen
Not much can be done about that unfortunately as that's the content pushing it off.

James

Cricket Web Owner

Should be spaced out a little better now :)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The new skin is really hard on the eyes for me, but that might be because it's on a 55'' screen. Older one was a bit softer, but meh. I'll get used to it.

HeathDavisSpeed

Yeah, some of the alignments of things need sorting. I see a facebook icon at the top of the thread now and it looks thusly

[Like Logo]Be the first of your friends to like
this.

It all looks a little bit odd, though I'm sure it'll be finessed in time.

Also, the coded quote in Smiff's signature looks more than a little odd too.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The new skin is really hard on the eyes for me, but that might be because it's on a 55'' screen. Older one was a bit softer, but meh. I'll get used to it.
Anything you can suggest that might make it softer?

Also, is there a way I can change my settings so I only see peoples signatures once per page like before?
Yes of course, will investigate that tomorrow. Thanks for bringing it up.

Yeah, some of the alignments of things need sorting. I see a facebook icon at the top of the thread now and it looks thusly

[Like Logo]Be the first of your friends to like
this.

It all looks a little bit odd, though I'm sure it'll be finessed in time.

Also, the coded quote in Smiff's signature looks more than a little odd too.
What's wrong with that Facebook icon out of interest? What makes it look funny?

Not with the lingo there, who's Smiff?