• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Derailing of tour threads

Howe_zat

Audio File
Anyway, agree with Uppercut. The only times when you can really derail a tour thread by talking about other tours is during a match itself, which I don't think has been happening, or when there's another thread already for talking about an upcoming series, in which case a mod can easily pipe up and remind people of it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I was going to post this in the mod forum but I think it'd be better to get the opinion of everyone on the forum about it.

I don't know if it's just me but I've been noticing this more and more lately - tour threads are being derailed with discussion about future tours. This has always happened to some extent, especially when one series is viewed as less significant than another, but I think it's become a real problem lately. The "New Zealand in Australia" thread has became an undercover copy of the "Road to India in Australia" thread with the occasional depressing post about New Zealand's batting lineup while the "West Indies in India' thread has been in danger of doing the same thing a few times. The Pakistan/Bangladesh thread has been largely focussed on the English tour of Pakistan too, other than during the matches.

I'm obviously not suggesting we start giving out infractions for this or anything like that, but I'm quite happy to start moving posts to their correct threads when it happens. I'm just wondering if people would actually like that or if they'd get too confused by it.
I find it partucularly irritating when people discuss links to a series that's nothing to do with the tour at hand. Offenders should be infracted for that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I find it partucularly irritating when people discuss links to a series that's nothing to do with the tour at hand. Offenders should be infracted for that.
I admit I'm a serial offender of what I described in the OP. I started this thread to see if anyone found it irritating, and they evidently don't, so I'll keep on doing it. It was a general inquiry thread rather than a big ol' whinge.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Actually what I find most annoying about tour threads is people who start them without putting the schedule in the first post.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I admit I'm a serial offender of what I described in the OP. I started this thread to see if anyone found it irritating, and they evidently don't, so I'll keep on doing it. It was a general inquiry thread rather than a big ol' whinge.
Umm, I'm confused are you actually saying, PEWS, that because some people didn't believe that this particular thread derailment was a problem, we can all derail all we want, if so YAY:D

Spark

Global Moderator
Actually what I find most annoying about tour threads is people who start them without putting the schedule in the first post.
Haha, I gotta admit I agree with this, I often use the tour thread to check itineraries.

I'm mostly on the Uppercut camp in this debate, the main exception to that philosophy when one team or one unrelated topic consistently gets brought up in tour threads for no good reason in a technically related but irritating way - that's just trolling.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha, I gotta admit I agree with this, I often use the tour thread to check itineraries.

I'm mostly on the Uppercut camp in this debate, the main exception to that philosophy when one team or one unrelated topic consistently gets brought up in tour threads for no good reason in a technically related but irritating way - that's just trolling.
As a Brad Haddin fan you're bound to say that tho. :ph34r:

But yeah, I don't think the derailing of tour threads is a particularly pressing issue for the mods to concern their pretty little heads with.

Spambots and multis are the main sources of woe just now.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Surely a joke post...

uvelocity

International Coach
I think everything written in this thread can be compared to the poms in some way. And quite frankly should be,