• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Problems logging in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Some of the people accusing others of having a victim mentality might pause to consider whether they themselves are beginning to exhibit some of the same behaviour.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Personally I think several members - and as it seems to be the fashion, I won't name any names despite it being clear what I'm talking about - need to stop comparing every banning to the non-banning of another member whom the moderators clearly disagree with them about. Undoubtedly the forum will be a better place without Streetwise so instead of using it as yet another excuse to whinge about something else, be happy. :)
I shall be making no further comments your honor but expect a bollocking on msgr some time soon :p

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
By that do you mean he signed up not with the intention to troll but ended up becoming one? I can understand that, but his posting style/personality was lousy from the get go. Whether he intended to or not when he joined, he became a troll.
No, by that I mean he saw a group of posters routinely ganging up and ruining threads; got sick of it and started posting to bother them. I've been on this site for 5 years and know people won't like posts like that, yet it got to me too and I got banned as well. That's the thing about responding to trolls; it can make you look like the aggressor and is bound to get mud stuck on you. It seems many of us can spot those trolls but the mods here can't which gets people acting of their own volition.

People talk about how he wasn't a good poster and it's good he was gone. I disagree, I actually liked him standing up to those members and think it would be a far better place if those members were banned instead of him.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
So in other words he responded inflammatorily to members who post in a manner that you don't like and so you support him?:p

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Can we just make GIMH a mod so he can ban the one member he desperately wants and gets it over with?

Seriously it is like a broken record time and again.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
No, by that I mean he saw a group of posters routinely ganging up and ruining threads; got sick of it and started posting to bother them. I've been on this site for 5 years and know people won't like posts like that, yet it got to me too and I got banned as well. That's the thing about responding to trolls; it can make you look like the aggressor and is bound to get mud stuck on you. It seems many of us can spot those trolls but the mods here can't which gets people acting of their own volition.

People talk about how he wasn't a good poster and it's good he was gone. I disagree, I actually liked him standing up to those members and think it would be a far better place if those members were banned instead of him.
Fair enough, that's your opinion. I haven't bothered going to CC much lately but I did read quite a lot of his posts when he first signed up and I didn't like any of his posts or his posting style - and they weren't made just in reply to trolls either.

As for standing up to other trolls by trolling...two wrongs don't make a right. Members can't be banned on the personal opinion of non-mods (or at least, they're not supposed to be...).

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
If the trolls he was trolling were permabanned I wouldn't have any problems with it.

Matt79

Global Moderator
If the trolls he was trolling were permabanned I wouldn't have any problems with it.
On the subject of trolls, please can we ban Social as well? Thanks.
How's about we stop calling other members trolls? Both of you have had multiple warnings against baiting and/or inflaming threads and yet you keep doing it. You want to know a difference between those who get banned and those who don't - sometimes it's simply that one will make an effort to follow mods advice and others prefer to keep breaking the rules.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
How's about we stop calling other members trolls? Both of you have had multiple warnings against baiting and/or inflaming threads and yet you keep doing it. You want to know a difference between those who get banned and those who don't - sometimes it's simply that one will make an effort to follow mods advice and others prefer to keep breaking the rules.
Not meaning to be funny or anything but....oh nevermind.

Matt79

Global Moderator
If you reckon that since returning from their last ban someone has broken the rules again, please feel free to go over their posts and report the examples. Otherwise, drop the witch hunt.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hate this tbh. All this discussion on things like this.

I mean, can't you plainly label the thread title so I know where to look for it? "Problems logging in" is misleading and deceptive ffs.

Carry on.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If you reckon that since returning from their last ban someone has broken the rules again, please feel free to go over their posts and report the examples. Otherwise, drop the witch hunt.
As I've said previously, not everything is black and white and about rules. It's frustrating to see a response telling us to report posts because for an overall picture of a disruptive member, reporting posts isn't really the answer.

But that's an aside and as I said, it's up to you guys what you do. My thoughts are well documented, but I don't think witch hunt is the appropriate term given that (aside from sledger randomly calling social out) people haven't been mentioning names here.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
You'd be gone as well tbh
I am Obliged,tbh.:happy:

Why not start a forum where you and your friends can restrict access by invitation only and do whatever they like ?
You are a decent poster but repeating the same point again and again on topics without any relation to the posters in question is certainly a bit too much.

I think you have made your point clear enough ,multiple times .Some don't agree with it ,Some do. Move on now and don't keep hounding someone forcing him to retaliate.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Streetwise i think had it coming.

Made no attempt to back down and was caught in some nastiness over the last year or so .Made some very bad comments too the last time he was banned ,if i remember correctly,
And he was in no way only responding to trolls.Infact it was the other way round most of the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.