• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Postcounts - 2010

Would you be in favour of removing post-counts from postbits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David

International 12th Man
So I was at the WACA and my mates and I were discussing various novelty XI's, it was considerably harder at times than you think.

So, there you go.

cpr

International Coach
Just to mention again - this poll is not about whether to get rid of postcounts, merely whether to remove them from postbits. I.E., have a postcount something that has to be looked-up, rather than something which is spoon-fed to anyone reading the forums.

Just as pointless IMO. If people want to know them at a glance, they are there. If people dont care then they just ignore whats there. Its not like they are impossible to avoid where they are, just a small line at the bottom left of the entire post.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah I find this whole discussion over post counts very petty and frivolous. It is not a real issue IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just as pointless IMO. If people want to know them at a glance, they are there. If people dont care then they just ignore whats there. Its not like they are impossible to avoid where they are, just a small line at the bottom left of the entire post.
Essentially, the question is pointless for long-term members; the whole idea is to improve the quality of the forum for n00bs.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What would improve the quality of the forum for n00bs is for members with high post counts not to talk down to n00bs if they start inane threads.

That's where post count becomes an issue. If Johnny B. N00b discovers the site, registers and then starts a topic on who the better batsman out of Ponting, Lara or Tendulkar is, or starts a Murali vs Warne poll, because it's something they're genuinely interested in discussing, all it takes is for a few guys with monsterous post counts to give JBN grief and he's going to think "what a bunch of ****s, not posting there again."

Whereas if said high post members guide them to where it's already been done to death before, and are decent about it, JBN is more encouraged to stick around because the forum seems like a friendly place, and becomes a better poster for it, because he knows better than to just jump in with the first question that pops into his head.

Take the new American member who posted the "noob question" thread. A prime example of how new members with questions, no matter how stupid they may seem, should be treated.