• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Postcounts - 2010

Would you be in favour of removing post-counts from postbits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Has been suggested in the thread in CC, so here we are. I personally don't want nor see the slightest good that can come of postcounts being removed entirely so I'm not having that as an option in a poll created by me - anyone who wants to do so can obviously, if they desire.

However, personally I'm in favour of removing them from "postbits" (which for those - like me until 10 minutes ago - who don't know what that is, it's the thing you see on the left of a post which shows posting-ID, poster title, avatar, location, join-date and, currently, postcount).

It's something that'd be interesting to gauge CW-wide opinion on, so please vote on this poll if you've an opinion on the matter - or even, as I've left an option, if you haven't.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Not sure what the sense in having a poll with fairly democratic aspirations, then not including a perfectly valid option.

Not that I would want them completely removed though.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Non-issue, IMHO. Almost equally non-fussed if they stay or go, but would lean towards the latter if push came to shove because I occasionally have those "oh feck, I've wasted my life" when I see mine.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not sure what the sense in having a poll with fairly democratic aspirations, then not including a perfectly valid option.
The purpose of this poll is to ask whether people want them removed from postbits. That's the only question I'm interested in asking. As I say - if others want to ask a more radical question, that's their lookout. If on the other hand everyone is satisfied with the question I ask, then there's no need to waste anyone's time asking more questions.

cpr

International Coach
Leave them, I actually like them. Use the amount of posts and the time taken to make them as judges to whether or not a person's worth listening to :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I voted to get rid of them as to me they dont make any difference to the site at all, but really i dont care.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Correct me If I am wrong but Richard votes for removing them after arguing in favor of keeping them ?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Non-issue, IMHO. Almost equally non-fussed if they stay or go, but would lean towards the latter if push came to shove because I occasionally have those "oh feck, I've wasted my life" when I see mine.
What is the point of removing postcounts. 'Senior' members all know who other 'senior' members are. As a general rule, CW 'Senior' members not being retards generally holds up. Removing post counts isn't going to mean that Joe Pleb gets treated in the same way as a Geraintismyhero, Smiff or Igor.

HeathDavisSpeed

I am disappointed in Heath.
What have I done? I just don't think that this idea will have anything like the desired impact. In fact, I don't think it'll have any impact on forum atmosphere whatsoever.

Do I care about postcounts? No. But why take them away when it will have no impact at all.

andyc

Have no issue with them, and I can't see getting rid of them actually solving any problems.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't care tbh, if they go so be it. Gratifying to see that Mitchell voted for the mint. We'll win this.

duffer

Keep them. The whole newbs will be intimidated by them angle is bollocks. Smacks of change for the sake of being seen to do something.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Just start banning more members. This entire post count saga reminds me of committees that keep meeting up over tea and snacks and accomplish absolutely nothing of consequnce. Wasn't the original brief the improvement of forum atmosphere???

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah we need moderators to be working around the clock. Combing over every post that isn't strictly on-topic