• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Official" Explanation of cw-isms for new members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The wonders of pixel-enlargement.

People have used the text-at-the-bottom thing several times, hactually, yours is a popular pursuit. Either way - get old Heathy back up will ya? With or without said extra text.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TBH, IMO that post was utterly ill-informed. FWIW, the likes of you are, UIMM, pre-prejudiced types who will do anything to speed your prejudices to the forefront. ITBT it is totally uncalled for, and anyone with any sense will DWTA, anyone who AWTA has no sense. In fact, it's ITSTL that anyone would even take the stand with such flimsy evidence.

Seriously - acryonms\abbreviations are vital shorthands and save God-knows-how-much typing time.
I'd say they've saved you about a year of your life :happy:

Perm

It's elitist, not to mention, insular, so this thread is a good idea.
We've seen numerous threads like this in the past, where a member has had the intentions of creating a "CW Guide" and none of them have been successful. I can't see this being any different. One of the beauties of the OT part of CW is the in jokes and acronyms. Sure, they might take a little while to pick up, but in reality it's easier than having some sort of guide and ruining them.

andyc

We've seen numerous threads like this in the past, where a member has had the intentions of creating a "CW Guide" and none of them have been successful. I can't see this being any different. One of the beauties of the OT part of CW is the in jokes and acronyms. Sure, they might take a little while to pick up, but in reality it's easier than having some sort of guide and ruining them.
AWTA

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
No harm in it being created, I reckon. And if it makes some posters less smug about knowing anything and everything about what is posted on this forum, so be it.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Amazing:

vBulletin Message

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Perm

Haha, just went to the link and what did I see?

Code:
Welcome to our newest member, Fiery

Craig

World Traveller
DAC.

Haha, just went to the link and what did I see?

Code:
Welcome to our newest member, Fiery
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.