• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ignore Feature and 'Rules' you follow to Ignore someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
How many of you use it and what rules you follow before you put someone on ignore ?

Needless to say, my screen looks ugly but its much better to not read stuff that I dislike. :cool:

PY

International Coach
Never put anyone on ignore & never tried.

If you can't ignore someone's posts and get on with making your own mark on the forum rather than getting irate about a certain poster and their style then you need to take a long hard look at yourself and get a grip.

IMO.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Never put anyone on ignore & never tried.

If you can't ignore someone's posts and get on with making your own mark on the forum rather than getting irate about a certain poster and their style then you need to take a long hard look at yourself and get a grip.

IMO.
Generally not the kind of visual stimuli I go for when getting a grip, but whatever floats your boat. :ph34r:

Don't think ignore's a long-term option tho, makes stuff hard to follow.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Pointless feature, not only does it show a lack of willpower, but the chances are that many of the posts will be quoted so you see them anyway.

cpr

International Coach
Pretty much agree with every reply here, except brumby's rather sickening self love.

Fiery

Banned
Tried it for a while but it's more annoying than anything. Disrupts the flow of conversation in threads and was a bit silly of me in hindsight, especially using it on Richard, who is pretty harmless really

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I would only use the ignore feature if it had line lmiting facility. For instance a poster who posts more than 3 lines can be ignored, then i would have, if not i cba.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Never used it, except for that time I wanted to see what it looked like. I think Perm was the lucky one who got ignored for a minute or so. There's a few people who I don't really like, but agree with others, just too much trouble to ignore someone.

Matteh

Never seen the need for it. Yeah sure i don't agree with some people, but i'd be curious as to what crap they'd be spewing if they were on ignore.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pointless feature, not only does it show a lack of willpower, but the chances are that many of the posts will be quoted so you see them anyway.
Right on both counts. But it definitely works as a deterrent if you dont want to get into an argument with some people.

Matteh

Pickup can't be ignored. Me neither, so everyone has to hear me bad mouthing Muse. :cool:

archie mac

International Coach
Never used it, and don't think I will ever use it tbh, it is only a forum, I take little notice of people who try an abuse me, in fact I find it a little funny tbh:ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.