• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Awards

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I know they're not official awards or anything, so maybe this is not the place, but...

Would it not be a great idea to have a separate "awards" subforum like Pred League? Then it'd be really easy to look through the awards every week, and go back through old ones and have a good laugh at them. I realise this can be done by using the search-forum tool easily enough (I just did it) but I just think it'd be good to have a sort of gathering.

The CW Awards are one of the best ideas ever to be regular-ised on the forums IMO, and I think they deserve a mantelpiece of sorts.

?

pasag

RTDAS
I think the 'admin' don't want to endorse it officially, so I can't see them making a sub-forum for it. Not a bad idea though.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why does James not want to official endorse the awards? I can understand things like the Inzi and Saj but there are some very good posts and threads that go unrecognised. I would be in favour of some sort of official recognition.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Definitely, I was just wondering why James doesn't want to endorse them. It's up to him.

archie mac

International Coach
Definitely, I was just wondering why James doesn't want to endorse them. It's up to him.
I would not like to speak for James, but he has said he does not like the idea of singling out individual members, and that we should all be treated equally, which is fair enough.

He was also worried that we may offend someone (and this has happened once), but having said that he is quite happy for the awards to continue :)

We did have a questionnaire(spelling) to get some feedback about the awards, do we need another one?

I also like Richard's idea:cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I have to say I think it'd be fine if said subforum was very clearly titled and subtitled.

Eg:
Archie Mac's Very Much Unofficial CW Weekly Posting Awards
Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management

BTW, why don't you get James to change your name from archie mac to Archie Mac?

IMO sounds more... professional. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
err, yes, well we all know that i just dont go in for all that laidback stuff...

(this seriously is probably the only post in my entire cwism that ive not used proper punctuation and CAPS)

archie mac

International Coach
I have to say I think it'd be fine if said subforum was very clearly titled and subtitled.

Eg:
Archie Mac's Very Much Unofficial CW Weekly Posting Awards
Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management

BTW, why don't you get James to change your name from archie mac to Archie Mac?

IMO sounds more... professional. :)
When I was first thinking of joining I read the rules and it said capitals were considered bad manners as in shouting, so hence archie mac, which I stuffed up the spelling of, and had to email James who kindly changed it for me.

Then I come on the forum and met JASON:-O :laugh:

But just looking at Archie Mac on the screen it looks a little silly, so I think I will just leave as is:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thing is, everyone knows you as "Archie" rather than Sean (presumably because there are so many), and it's incorrect terminology to say "Archie" because that's not how it's actually written, and it's incorrect terminology to say "archie" because we're, in effect, addressing a name, and a name should start with a CAP.

Oh, and JASON - yeah, brilliant! :laugh: I've always loved his user-ID (he's not, of course, called Jason). It was even better when his location read VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA, which sadly it doesn't any more. :no:

Anyway - think what you about said sub-forum idea? :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
I would not like to speak for James, but he has said he does not like the idea of singling out individual members, and that we should all be treated equally, which is fair enough.

He was also worried that we may offend someone (and this has happened once), but having said that he is quite happy for the awards to continue :)

We did have a questionnaire(spelling) to get some feedback about the awards, do we need another one?

I also like Richard's idea:cool:
Just to confirm, this is indeed the situation.