• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another one of the Don's Deathbed revelations!

sir middle stump

School Boy/Girl Captain
SJS said:
I also thought it was very funny. A spot of wit and sarcasm does no harm whatsoever. Its just that everyone needs to be careful to avoid getting personal or crossing the 'unwritten laws' of decendy. I suppose because they are unwritten some are unable to stick to them :sleep:

This thread has been anything but funny. Theres wit and sarcasm. And theres potty trash humour. This thread is an example of the latter. If he felt he was a funnyman, he could have posted the first post of this thread in the relevant thread about what were the Dons thoughts on Muralis action.

The only thing I find funny is that when Muralis action was under a cloud, all the anti Murali brigade could talk about was that the former players felt he threw. The experts at the UWA could go to hell. Of course, when a fomer player takes the "other side", his views dont count. Typical.

Camel56

Banned
Im glad at least some of you have seen this thread for what it was - a sarcastic jibe at the imbeciles who seem to think that the Don knows all. As for the rest of the clowns well they can just go back and play around on the 45 degree incline they call their front lawn because i really couldnt care what they think.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, you only care about the views of those who agree with you. 8-)
Experts of renown or those on this board.

spofta

Banned
Stop living in the past people he dead. Alive no more. Lets be honest Donnie boy is on a statisticians dream

spofta

Banned
Richard said:
No, you only care about the views of those who agree with you. 8-)
Experts of renown or those on this board.
jesus mate dont take it to seriously. its a bit of fun. u obviously are unemployed or have too much free time. maybe go and locate your penis then go and find urself somewhere to use it

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sir middle stump said:
This thread has been anything but funny. Theres wit and sarcasm. And theres potty trash humour. This thread is an example of the latter. If he felt he was a funnyman, he could have posted the first post of this thread in the relevant thread about what were the Dons thoughts on Muralis action.

The only thing I find funny is that when Muralis action was under a cloud, all the anti Murali brigade could talk about was that the former players felt he threw. The experts at the UWA could go to hell. Of course, when a fomer player takes the "other side", his views dont count. Typical.
If you think that's all the people who were anti-Murali talked about then I suggest you find the threads and read them again. As I said before, it cuts both ways in this particular instance..........and in the Murali threads I remember those former players being ridiculed because they didn't have the scientific knowledge to back up their claims against Murali.

I'm not sure whether Camel's intentions were to spark up another Murali debate or make a point re: taking the Don's word as gospel (I seem to remember him being fairly anti-Murali so perhaps your concerns are justified). Whatever the case may be it seems that this has gone the way of anti-Murali vs Pro-Murali again.

Camel56

Banned
spofta said:
jesus mate dont take it to seriously. its a bit of fun. u obviously are unemployed or have too much free time. maybe go and locate your penis then go and find urself somewhere to use it
spofta - not only is he unemployed, he is UNEMPLOYABLE

C_C

International Captain
I dont think Sir Don's words are gospel but he has solid reasoning to think that cricket's future lies in the subcontinent and he has been thoroughly vindicated by the opinion that Murali doesnt chuck ( ICC biomechanical tests PROVE that murali is just as much of a chucker as McGrath,Giles,Flintoff,Harmison,Kumble,Pathan,Pollock, etc. are).

As per him thinking that the future of cricket lies with the subcontinent, i am forced to agree.

The only reason OZ have a dominance today in cricket is because of their excellent structure and technology.
However, the rest of the world is bound to catch up on technology and the sheer mass of population in the subcontinent is enough to make sure that once proper technology and coaching schemes are employed, they will churn out quality players at a far greater rate than anyone else.
Quality is different from quantity, but statistically, quality is often proportional to quantity.
the subcontinent(IND) already is the financial capital of cricket and its the money generated there that runs cricket the world over...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
C_C said:
I dont think Sir Don's words are gospel but he has solid reasoning to think that cricket's future lies in the subcontinent and he has been thoroughly vindicated by the opinion that Murali doesnt chuck ( ICC biomechanical tests PROVE that murali is just as much of a chucker as McGrath,Giles,Flintoff,Harmison,Kumble,Pathan,Pollock, etc. are).
So therefore, under the rules around when the Don was alive, he did chuck...

C_C

International Captain
Umm no.
The rules have been the same (note: it is NOT YET changed) but i guess Sir Don could tell that most other bowlers flexed their elbows just as much as Murali did.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So therefore Murali did chuck then, hence he was wrong.

Either way, the initial thread was eluding to the current scenario, somewhat overlooking the fact that the Don was dead by the time that ball appeared on the scene.

C_C

International Captain
So therefore Murali did chuck then, hence he was wrong.
chucker has always been a relative word.
And it was believe that relatively speaking,murali straightened his arm more than anyone else....that has been proven wrong, hence everyone chucks.
If everyone chucks, you cannot call one particular person a chucker.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes you can, because that individual contravenes the rules on chucking, so is therefore a chucker.

Camel56

Banned
Just going on what you've shown me mate. Pretty easy to come to that conclusion with all the dribble you spout.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Especially to one who can see so much despite having absolutely no evidence to go on...
then again, this is the same one who's supposedly taken 10-2 and scored 623* off 230 balls, isn't it? 8-)
(Sarcasm, incidentally)

Camel56

Banned
I dont need to give the likes of you any evidence of my prowess on the cricket field. You will see in good time how good i am.
The fact is, you are a dribbler with nothing better to do but sit on the internet talking cricket 24/7. I know it, you know it and im sure most other people here know it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
spofta said:
Totally un-called for Spofta.

Consider this your first warning.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Camel56 said:
Uncalled for perhaps but probably a fairly accurate assessment.
I dont know if you people have noticed it, but there is a level of decency and decorum on this forum which is hardly ever crossed. When it is, its by those who are new here. We welcome new comers with open arms but do not expect them to bring down the level of debate or use language that is not encouraged on this forum. I think, you gentlemen will have to decide whether these unsaid 'laws' are palatable to you or not.

I am sure, I speak on behalf of all the forum regulars.

Thanks for your attention.