• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Getting the South Africa/West Indies series on Fox instead of the Zimbabwe/Pakistan tour. Have to watch Kallis the dirty slogger and miss the technical excellence that is Afridi. :(

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People that ask me if I'm going to the cricket when I'm on the bus that is going to the cricket and wearing my Australian shirt.

A case for Captain Obvious.

Flem274*

123/5
When South Africa lose a game they are called chokers

Ever considered the fact that they may have just lost to a better side or the fact they may have simply been outplayed? Pisses me off itbt.

The myth that NZ have no good seamers bar Bond

Go look up the averages of Franklin, Mills, Southee and Gillespie then come talk.

Bowlers are crap these days

No, they're not. End of discussion.

NZ achieve all success through hard work and no talent

Hard workers are Zim, Bang etc. You don't get to third in the world in ODIs with useless players.

Sylvester Joseph

Why? an insult to WI cricket

Mahmood, Plunkett and Anderson

An insult to English cricket.

That is all.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More thought and they could have been decent rants. As it is, they're terrible.

Flem274*

123/5
More thought and they could have been decent rants. As it is, they're terrible.
Yeah pretty much. They were more like statements than rants. I'll probably go back later and redo each individualy but just had to say them all now.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Let's see:

Robert Craddock/Ben Dorries

Terrible journos, the both of them. One (Dorries) is lazy with his facts; the other spends time either calling for the heads of Australian players (Mark Waugh) or speaking about how Australia is in decline after one Test loss (that'd be Craddock).

Neil Harvey

I can't think of one good thing that he's said about the Australian cricket team since Allan Border's era. He even expressed needless negativity about AB...who had looked up to Harvey in his formative years. :@

The pumping up of Indian bowlers prematurely/in an exaggerated manner

RP Singh (especially), Zaheer Khan, Lakshmipathy Balaji, Irfan Pathan and Sreesanth to a lesser extent

Bill Lawry/Ian Healy/Michael Slater

I hold all three of these commentators in contempt. Lawry is a joke, Healy makes moronic statements ad nauseum, while Slater's voice (and personality) irritate me. I didn't include Tony Greig because he's too comical to really hold in contempt.

Shaun Tait

Many people don't realise that he will be a complete liability when not bowling well, as much as he can rip the heart out of opposing bowling line-ups (which I don't think he does often enough to justify a consistent place; we may as well fill his spot with a hologram)

The ICC

...for just about anything in modern times, really, especially their dealings with Zimbabwe

People getting excited about homogenous cricketing spectacles for a prolonged period

...i.e - Twenty20 and anything associated with it

People calling for Ricky Ponting's head after winning a Test match

The hypocrisy of Anil Kumble's post-Sydney comments

Sajid Mahmood

Possibly the worst Test seamer I've ever seen play with my own eyes

There are more, but I can't think of what they possibly are right now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sajid Mahmood

Possibly the worst Test seamer I've ever seen play with my own eyes
I can only think of one worse myself, that being K Eric Upashantha. Saj runs him damn close tho. Fully aware that you may not have seen him, of course.

Quality introduction to the thread BTW. :p

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
When South Africa lose a game they are called chokers

Ever considered the fact that they may have just lost to a better side or the fact they may have simply been outplayed? Pisses me off itbt.

Mahmood, Plunkett and Anderson

An insult to English cricket.

Haha yeah, agreed.. It's like we're supposed to be the best and if we lose it's obviously because we've played like a bunch of spineless fools..

Mahmood is the only insult to English cricket.. But he's so bad he makes up for the other two :dry:

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
I can only think of one worse myself, that being K Eric Upashantha. Saj runs him damn close tho.

Quality introduction to the thread BTW. :p
Well, I've never seen Upashantha play with my own eyes, so Mahmood it is, for me.

Besides, for some weird reason, the ignominous duo of Craddock/Dorries popped into my head. I cannot even begin to describe how the pair of them incense me. Being English (and not from Brisbane, as they write for the Courier-Mail), you are probably not as acquainted with the banal ineptitude of this particular duo's articles as I.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, I've never seen Upashantha play with my own eyes, so Mahmood it is, for me.
No, indeed, I've only seen him play a couple of times. But for that, it'd be Mahmood for me too.
Besides, for some weird reason, the ignominous duo of Craddock/Dorries popped into my head. I cannot even begin to describe how the pair of them incense me. Being English (and not from Brisbane, as they write for the Courier-Mail), you are probably not as acquainted with the banal ineptitude of this particular duo's articles as I.
I've never even heard of the latter (maybe a reflection on his writing skill), and TBH the former has never struck me as extraordinarily poor, I've seen many worse (Malcolm Conn, for example). I can't say I've read his work extensively mind, so there's much I could've missed.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
I've never even heard of the latter (maybe a reflection on his writing skill).
Good. Keep it that way.

TBH the former has never struck me as extraordinarily poor, I've seen many worse (Malcolm Conn, for example). I can't say I've read his work extensively mind, so there's much I could've missed.
I disagree. I have a mixed attitude towards Malcolm Conn. I'm not a big fan of his (his views on Mark Waugh, for instance, have prevented that), but I, surprisingly, do find myself agreeing with some of his articles. I cannot say the same about Craddock, whose writings are not only bland (a charge I cannot file against Conn), but which also manage to irk me on a consistent basis.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I disagree. I have a mixed attitude towards Malcolm Conn. I'm not a big fan of his (his views on Mark Waugh, for instance, have prevented that), but I, surprisingly, do find myself agreeing with some of his articles. I cannot say the same about Craddock, whose writings are not only bland (a charge I cannot file against Conn), but which also manage to irk me on a consistent basis.
Yeah, well I've had the misfortune I guess to be exposed to rather more of Conn's nonsensical anti-every-team-ever-to-tour-Australia(especially-England) simplistic scrawlings than Craddock. I honestly can't say I've ever read something in a piece of his (Conn's) that I agreed with other than absurdly obvious stuff (not dissimilar to a poster or two on this forum that, of course), so I've naturally taken a very strong, visceral dislike to his writing.

After a while, when a writer has disgusted me to a certain degree, I generally tend to stop reading their works (I know one Matthew Pitt has this attitude to a certain Peter Roebuck for example) so in recent years I've barely read anything written by Conn, other than the odd bit and piece around Ovalgate time (when surprise surprise he came accross to me as defending Hair because Hair was Australian). So someone who makes more of a habit of reading him would presumably have a better chance of finding material to agree with. :)