• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket League thread

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So you're saying WSC didn't have a good effect?
Well, it meant players got better pay which was obviously a good effect for them. However, it substantially ruined cricket for over 2 years, at a time which otherwise might just have been one of the best in cricket history. So yes, I don't hold it too fondly, TBH.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Evidently, plenty of people do, otherwise the TV companies wouldn't push for it, and it wouldn't be played.

I agree that 7-ODI bilateral series are rarely a good idea, as I've said countless times I'd have much preferred it to have been 5 against WI and 5 against India.

The thing is, though, I'm none too bothered about the results of the games. I want to see England (and India, for that matter) picking players they should be picking and seeing if they have it in them in ODIs. Say England had India 50\5 in the 19th over chasing 320 and rain forced the players from the field... I wouldn't really mind much, TBH. But when we were denied victory by the elements in the Test, I was spewing, more so than I think I've ever been.

However, 7-game series will invariably incite accusations of the-players-didn't-care, and hence I'd prefer without them.

No-one's saying that many people of the nature of those on this board do care about these 7 ODIs - just that they shouldn't care about the league organised by some rival TV company either. :)

adharcric

International Coach
As opposed to the 7 one day games about to be played all over England? I want to know - who watches that crap in India? Aside from the WC, seven one dayers? Really, does it matter who wins that series?
The majority of India will watch it. So will I. So will you. Don't deny it.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well, it meant players got better pay which was obviously a good effect for them. However, it substantially ruined cricket for over 2 years, at a time which otherwise might just have been one of the best in cricket history. So yes, I don't hold it too fondly, TBH.
Lots of positives too AFAIK.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Coloured clothing was nice too and I'm sure there're others.
Really, how has coloured clothing revolutionised the game? We'd be perfectly fine without it - indeed, some still decry the thing even now.

Me, it doesn't bother me either way, but I know for certain that I could not care less if someone phased-out coloured clothing tomorrow, never to be seen again.