• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season X - Results and Discussion

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Robertinho said:
Btw, Hakon, Davistow have the same amount of wins, 2 more losses, and 6 more bonus points, yet are somehow 8 points ahead? Do you get -1 point for a "d" which I am guessing is a draw? In OD?
No, it's just that most of Robbham's victories have been in one-day cricket. One-day wins count less since they're easier to come by.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
That's the stuff, Jamee :D

Nice knocks from Alex and Adhikari (who looks useful), and then a Michelle for Rich.

Carn the Foxes.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Grade Round Twenty-Three

We're back on track...again...

Pickford Panthers Davistow Darters Pickford Reserve

Code:
Pickford:	Davistow:
Young		Dawlat
Richings	McDonagh
Benjamin	Kearsley
+Hepworth	+Jellett
Jacob		Langley
Chopra		Warwick
Trafford	Naik
McCrystal	Ehsan
****erill	Hoy
Pickup		Watt
Roberts		Pradeep
Nathan Hoy was unplayable at the Reserve, taking six for 25 as Pickford crashed to 237 all out - of which 163 were added by the fourth-wicket pair of Hepworth and Jacob. Dave Watt also chipped in with three cheap wickets, while the other bowlers were expensive without success. Davistow were occasionally threatened inreply, with ****erill grabbing three wickets and George Roberts' leg spin yielding two for 45, but David Kearsley stood tall and hit 109 not out to guide Davistow to victory.

Pickford Panthers 237 (49.4 ovs)
Davistow Darters 239/7 (45.5 ovs)

Greater Robbham de Grooters Nixonstown Foxes CW Bar Ground

Code:
Robbham:	Nixonstown:
Lucas		Prestwidge
+Chaulk		Fensome
Sukhvinder	+Gray
Tebbut		Currie
Palmer		Adhikari
Broadbridge	Grierson
Tariq		Sanjeet
Finnegan	Eccles
A Buxton	Flanaghan
Pardhasaradhi	Riaz
McKern		Clancroft
Ash Chaulk was vicious for Greater Robbham, plundering sixteen fours and two sixes for his 98, and Tebbut and Palmer also chipped in with huge scores as de Grooters made their way to 388 for 9 at the Bar Ground. Incredibly, however, the Foxes chased it down, as de Grooters got wickets but never actually managed to keep the run rate down.

Greater Robbham de Grooters 388/9 (50 ovs)
Nixonstown Foxes 392/9 (49.5 ovs)

Twybridge Titans Gofftown Tigers Riverside, Twybridge

Code:
Twybridge:	Gofftown:
Joslin		Courtis
Thompson	Malthus-Howell
Gunn		Dwyer
Bokey		Mohammad
Amresh Kumar	Nash
Weber		Jamaluddin
Buttsworth	Thomas
Naidu		Thampi	
+Hale		+Patel
White		Demeza
Cotterill	Masterman
Solid innings throughout and late hitting ensured a large total of 310 for 9 for the Titans at Riverside, while Chris Dwyer and Greg Thomas both chipped in with wickets. Gofftown started with both eyes on the total, as Malthus-Howell smashed 62 in 52 balls, while Dwyer was more cautious for his 74. However, Dwyer was caught behind off Callum Thompson just as the slog overs started, and the Tigers lost their last six wickets for forty runs - giving Twybridge points to keep up in the title-fight.

Twybridge Titans 310/9 (50 ovs)
Gofftown Tigers 288 (48.2 ovs)

Campsfield Braves Stedingham Jets CWBCC Stadium

Code:
Campsfield:	Stedingham:
DP Smith	Wallis
+Dubb-Lynch	Deodhar
Blackman	Butler
Wilson		+Gaukroger
Hasabnis	Prabhakar Rao
Gooljar		Chaudhari
Langdon		Hogarth
McEwan		Gillespie
Jahangir	JB Buxton
R Das		Javed
Jadeja		Bala
Dan Smith was unstoppable for the Braves, making 191 while most of the other batsmen got out to Chris Butler, Shafiq or Bala. The Jets were in the battle for a long time, but once Butler got out they lacked a real big hitter, and their total of 345 was 19 short.

Campsfield Braves 364/8 (50 ovs)
Stedingham Jets 345/9 (50 ovs)

Garven Island Sharks Edfield Seahawks Clowich Stadium

Code:
Garven Island:	Edfield:
Fitzsimmons	+Mørk
Hanbury		Barnaby
Shaukhat	GN Nayak
+Monaghan	G Nayak
Tariq		Rai
Gregory		James
Rose		Satish Kumar
Edmondson	Herbert
Richards	Borcich
Bristow		Whitehead
Stuart		Shoveller
A century from Gaurav Nayak and 89 from Håkon Mørk ensured that Edfield made a huge total against the Sharks at Clowich, despite three wickets from Xavier Rose. Simon Fitzsimmons attempted the chase, hitting over the top to make 80 off 63 balls, but spinners Rai and Shoveller ensured a swift collapse and another loss for Garven Island.

Edfield Seahawks 376/9 (50 ovs)
Garven Island Sharks 215 (41.1 ovs)

Code:
Davistow	24	14	8	2	0	44	190
Twybridge	24	13	7	4	0	45	181
Robbham		24	13	7	4	0	37	173
Nixonstown	24	12	11	1	0	48	171
Stedingham	24	13	10	1	0	34	169
Gofftown	24	10	12	2	0	36	142
Campsfield	24	10	12	2	0	31	133
Edfield		24	9	12	3	0	38	131
Pickford	24	9	14	1	0	24	111
Garven Island	24	6	16	2	0	22	92

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Greater Robbham de Grooters 388/9 (50 ovs)
Nixonstown Foxes 392/9 (49.5 ovs)

Way to try and rip off the Australia/South Africa match ;)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Im worse in Grade cricket then im an in Dev League Cricket, when it comes to ODs. Can't people make sims where 250 is an average score in ODs. Well i guess it isn't anymore :(

Oh well Jets still doing pretty well, need a big run home to catch the Darters

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pretty happy with my 80 and 59 in the last two OD games, i seem to be improving my OD batting this season which is a plus...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
bryce said:
How come Rose is playing grade cricket but i'm not:wacko:
Well spotted. Neither of you should have played (Paddy should). Just the kind of mistakes that happen once in a while.

chaminda_00 said:
Any chance of some half yearly stats?
Will try to get some OD stats out tomorrow - they're not entirely correct because of double simming and things, but they're the best I've got.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Code:
DP Smith		not out					191	201	139	31	4	137.41
I'm quite happy with that effort. Hope I can reproduce that in Dev League. :happy:
You are hereby renamed "Herschelle"