• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

dinu23

International Debutant
Blaze said:
I have played in the last couple of games and taken my opportunity as well as I could have wished for so hopefully I have showed the selectors that I am a worthy option for possible selection each and every game.. so not at this stage. ;)

Not actually that bothered by missing out on the century by 2 runs. There will be more opportunties in the future for those kind of milestones to be achieved. Just rapt that I could contribute heavily in a win and picking up my first man of the match was a bonus.
i've played over 20 FC games. still no MoM. :(
it's obviously b'cause i'm crap in FC. :D

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Whenever I have a good game, I always get upstaged by Travis, who edges me for MOTM. Just seems to be how it is.

If I perform well, so does he...

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Prince EWS said:
Whenever I have a good game, I always get upstaged by Travis, who edges me for MOTM. Just seems to be how it is.

If I perform well, so does he...
Sorry :( I have tall poppy syndrome :( I cut you down if you play awseome :(

;)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Travis_Teh said:
Sorry :( I have tall poppy syndrome :( I cut you down if you play awseome :(

;)
Well it works out well I guess.

Me being a batsman and you being a bowler, the team always benefits tenfold whenever I play well, as it then translates into you playing well too.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Blue
at the CW Oval

Despite a late innings surge from Tom Halsey and Adam Collins, the Blue batting came up just short of the chase, losing by 5 runs to CW Red. The Reds scored 269/8, with Rob Dauth's quickfire hundred central in the effort.

In defence, no one Red bowler stood out. Rather, four separate bowlers took wickets, and a fine half-century from Blue captain Sean Fuller simply wasn't enough in the end.

CW Red 269/8 (50 overs)
CW Blue 264/7(50 overs)

CW Red won by 5 runs
Man of the Match: RJ Dauth

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Green
at the Bellerive Oval

Despite a brisk start to their run chase, the Greens were spun silent by the Colts in the middle overs, failing to chase just 228 for victory. The Colts spinners combined for stunning figures of 26-1-89-3, and the Greens never quite got the impetus at the very end.

Earlier, Towns elected to bat first on a good looking pitch. However, aside from Das' half-century, no one fully capitalized. Towns and Malthus-Howell contributed solidly, but a typical Colts collapse ended the innings at a modest 227.

Feeney was off like a shot for Green, but Hancock's double strike was perfect prelude to the Colts spin.

CW Colts 227 ao (49.1 overs)
CW Green 212 ao (48 overs)

CW Colts won by 15 runs
Man of the Match: DJ Comley

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Black bitten by injury bug - again

Black batsman Simon Jones will miss 3 game days after he injured his hand whilst rescuing a sheep from a hungry vagabond. He's set to return on the 7th of October.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Solid game, but without the internationals we just lacked a bit with the bat. Disappointing to not go on with it myself and see us home.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Another fine win, Reds. If we keep this up, Season 9 could be our best season since I've been playing. Another fine start from Ed

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
steds said:
Another fine win, Reds. If we keep this up, Season 9 could be our best season since I've been playing. Another fine start from Ed
Yeah, but he could have spared himself this ;)

Code:
DJ Watt to RGEWS Cribb: DC by RE Edmunds: No Run
Well played lads - tied them down at the start and they never recovered. Kudos to Rob for a great ton. Now, if the rest of the team (Slats, Kenny, Nick, Ed excused) could stand up?

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Disappointing loss there, the target was more than gettable, but most of us batsman except Fuller got starts but couldn't carry on with them.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great win by the Colts. Congratulations to everyone in the team for performing so well in a tight game especially to Daniel for leading the side so well.

Surprised that Garven didn't bowl after taking 5 against us last time. :-O

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
surprised you let me make my runs so easy....and firsly...carn me away..damnit!
Common green! the batting(and now even the bowling) really needs to be redone! work on it lads!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Another cracking result - the Reds are on the best run of wins I can remember (for the club - can anyone confirm if we've had a better run?)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great stuff Reds, really in our stride now. Great batting from Dauth and Markus, and a great show by Ed on debut