• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dydl said:
Wonder how the match against the Colts will turn out.....at least I don't have a "broken foot" anymore... :)
But until your captain names an XI, you've not much chance of playing.

David

International 12th Man
chaminda_00 said:
Most #11 batsmen don't care about the runs they score 8-)
Don't know your #11 batsmen do you?

Top win Reds!

Bennett has found his bunny! - Fitzsimmons.

Mr Mxyzptlk

steds said:
haven't the "13 hours of leeway" gone?
I was commenting on the fact that the powers that be at Black haven't been naming teams consistently. Thus, the same XI as the last FC match will play (except for forced changes).

Don

State Vice-Captain
ok greens we need to do a team evaluation.we have to get back on track.

liam wats my morale.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
On the contrary, most #11s take their batting incredibly seriously... see Glenn McGrath!
Glenn McGrath a #10 batsmen, Tait taken over at #11 and we all know how much effort he puts into batting. *I'll just walk across my crease and get bowled today*

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Blue
at the CWBCC Stadium

In a stunning turnaround, the Greens crumbled to defeat against the Blues, having pressed nicely toward victory to the point. A brave knock from young Currie was terminated just short of a thoroughly deserved maiden FC ton. Batting with the tail, Currie helped save the Blues from 140/6 in their second innings, to reach 270 all out and set a target of 251. He then took the first wicket of the Green second innings, inspiring a dramatic collapse.

The first innings was poised nicely due to two epic innings. First, Dylan Jellett's third FC hundred was his second highest career score, powering a total of 330, rising from the struggles of 97/5.

Andrew Garven then took his cue. Batting aggressively and with no regard for the Blue bowlers, Garven crossed 150 in an unbeaten innings. Just 20 runs stood between the teams, and it was the vast difference in second innings batting that manufactured the result.

In contrast to the lower order determination of Blue, the Greens crumbled entirely from 77/0 and later 124/1, to be dismissed for 187 - 63 runs short of the target.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 330 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 350 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 270 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 187 all out
Cricket Web Blue won by 63 runs.

Man of the Match: MJC Currie

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Black
at the Bellerive Oval

The Blacks truly began to look like the champions of old, whilst they scored heavily against the Colts bowlers in the first innings, setting up a comfortable innings victory. Alex Blackman asserted his new-found form with his second hundred in his last 3 FC innings.

His was the primary effort of the Black innings, but Ash Chaulk and Gareth Gooljar stole the show down the order. Chaulk's second FC hundred of the season - his sixth overall - combined with Gooljar's maiden FC fifty in lifting the score from fair to massive - 481 all out after a 123-run partnership for the 9th wicket.

Facing the huge total, the Colts seemed intimidated, and lost wickets at fairly regular intervals. Despite half-centuries from Mamesh and Malthus-Howell, they were made to follow on, behind by 235 runs on first innings.

The second time around, things scarcely improved. Just two players reached double figures in the innings, one of whom was Daniel Towns. Towns batted bravely through the carnage, ending unbeaten as his team curled up for 86 all out.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 481 all out
Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 246 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings Following On 86 all out
Cricket Web Black won by an Innings and 149 runs.

Man of the Match: AP Chaulk

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

chaminda_00 said:
Glenn McGrath a #10 batsmen, Tait taken over at #11 and we all know how much effort he puts into batting. *I'll just walk across my crease and get bowled today*
You've just proved Neil's point perfectly. McGrath takes his batting seriously enough that he's no longer a number 11. Same with Murali and Hoggard.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
What an incredible game. Absolutely fitting of 1st vs 2nd on the table, just like our last match against the Greens was. Jellett and Currie were brilliant, especially Currie to explode onto the scene like that and make his first good performance count so much. Patrick bowled brilliantly in the second innings as well.

Absolutely horrible game from me, but I can handle that if we keep winning. :p

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Great win Blue. :)

Some really amazing performances in this match, particularly from the batsmen. Jellett, Currie (twice) and Fitzsimmons all did extremely well, and Garven for Green. Special mention to Currie though, really made the most of his opportunities with the bat (especially after we were struggling at 7-180) and took an important wicket as well, well-deserved MotM. Unlucky to miss out of the ton though.

Nath was brilliant with the ball in both innings, annihilating the tail in the second to seal the win. Good support from the other bowlers as well. Once again a fairly average performance from me, 4 wickets @ about 30 apiece and a sleep-inducing 22 runs off 160 balls. Happy to play a part in an important win though - if I'm not mistaken that puts us clear first on the table, a position which we should look to maintain.

Keep it up. :thumbsup:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Fantastic win Blacks, great effort from everyone

have to say i'm pretty dissapointed that i'm only the 5th choice bowling option even with Neil not playing.

Mr Mxyzptlk

superkingdave said:
have to say i'm pretty dissapointed that i'm only the 5th choice bowling option even with Neil not playing.
Well you are an opening batsman now. :p

You could also send some bowling tactics if you wish.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Great win, top performances by Currie, Jellett, Patrick and anyone else who deserves, a mention. Another disappointing game for myself though, but a least I didn't drop anything, anyway a great win and top of the table :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Well you are an opening batsman now. :p

You could also send some bowling tactics if you wish.
What is it with CW spinners becoming opening bats?

The Richardson effect?