• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
It's probably worth pointing out that Wright has been a huge influence on any FC successes we've had and both Wright and I have been a significant influence in any OD successes we've had. I'm not taking anything away from the rest of the boys at all, but it should be noted that the best batsman in our OD side is NOT a rookie, the highest wicket taker in our FC side is NOT a rookie and the most economical of our OD bowlers is NOT a rookie. We're not riding on a bunch of awesome rookies, we're having a bunch of mostly inconsistent rookies working alongside an experienced and in-form FC/OD bowler and an experienced in-form OD batsman.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chaminda_00 said:
There is your quote Marc :sleep:
You're aware of what a handful is, right? You're aware that there are more than a handful of experienced internationals and several handfuls of Dev League players altogether? 8-)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Its also worth noting that your highest run scorer in FC is a rookie ;). But its good to see Thamba score some runs, apart from that hundred against the Reds.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You're aware of what a handful is, right? You're aware that there are more than a handful of experienced internationals and several handfuls of Dev League players altogether? 8-)
Five from memory :D

It just seems a bit strange that a rookie would have a higher 'simming' average then a establish player without hitting or bowling a ball.

Mr Mxyzptlk

chaminda_00 said:
Five from memory :D

It just seems a bit strange that a rookie would have a higher 'simming' average then a establish player without hitting or bowling a ball.
Players don't always improve over time. There are players who sign up with fairly high averages and those drop over time due to lack of performance. It's not difference anywhere else. It's also possible for someone to surpass experience players in just his or her first or second season. It's not common, but neither is it common in the Dev League. Get over it.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Simmed last night, but circumstances meant I coudn't post.

Not a FC match, was just bored...

CW Players XI vs England XI
Welcome to CWLand Match
at the CWBCC Stadium

This fixture, the first of the warmup matches for England, a 4D affair, between the CW Players XI, led by Sudeep Popat, and the full strength England team led by Michael Vaughan.

England XI

ME Trescothick
AJ Strauss
MP Vaughan(C)
IR Bell
KP Pietersen
A Flintoff
GO Jones(wk)
AF Giles
MJ Hoggard
SJ Harmison
SP Jones

12th Man: PD Collingwood

CW Players XI

PR Sajith
JJ Josy
A Feeney
AS Das
RJ Langley
JR Gray(wk)
SC Popat(C)
JP McNamara
J Izquierdo
AA Cameron
TJ Demeza

12th Man: BC Cunningham

It was a good pitch, with a nice balance between bat and ball, a proper cricket wicket.
Michael Vaughan won the toss, and elected to bowl first, meaning he'd have to bat last against a 5 pronged bowling attack.
Many of the crowds may have come out to see the English Ashes winners at their finest, but they would have been delighted to watch the first innings, and particularly the centiury from Jerome Josy. The CW Black batsman, returning after a few seasons away from the game - he'd been on the fringes of CWXI selection at one point- hit a fantastic 157 off 267 balls, and was a key force, along with another century from Rich Langley, and 50's from Feeney, Gray and Das in guiding the team to 591/4 declared, much to the annoyance of Jamee Gray who had been left stranded on 96*, luckily for Gray, though this is not a FC match, so Popat won't need quite the grilling in the pavillion.
In reply England hit 622 all out, a huge total with Andrew Flintoff and Geraint both coming to the party with 150's, they had put on 259 for the 6th wicket and may well have avioded a fair bit of English embaressment. Jose Izquierdo was the pick of the bowlers, 5-137 for him, in a nice spell for the CW Black seamer.
Sajith and Josy then came back out and batted the game to a draw. Overall, a productive match for many sides, England will be happy with Flintoff, Jones and Trescothick. CW Black will like Josy's huge score and Izquierdo's 5 wicket hall, against one of the best Test playing nations in the world. Red will like the contributions from Gray and Langley, while McNamara and Das will have been good for the Colts.

Cricket Web Players 591/4d & 49/0
England 622

Match Drawn

Man of the Match: Andrew "Freddy" Flintoff.

Made up of unselected players in that night's fixtures, and Travis.

Unrealistic , but I wanted to post it anyway.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

chaminda_00 said:
Its also worth noting that your highest run scorer in FC is a rookie ;). But its good to see Thamba score some runs, apart from that hundred against the Reds.
And it's more sensible to note that 8 of the top 10 runscorers are not rookies. 8-)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Green
at the CW Oval

Rob Dauth was hugely instrumental in the Red second innings, as he gritted through to a half-century on a difficult pitch, guiding his team to a target of 136. The game was full of sways of momentum and crucial performances.

Centuries from Alex Feeney and Marc Robbins set up the first innings, with 43 runs between the teams, to the advantage of Red. The second innings was a truly fascinating affair. The Greens grafted hard to 141/4 but came undone against the least likely of bowlers. Ian Markus was brought on as prelude to the new ball, and took 4 wickets in 6 overs to completely spin the game the way of Red.

Chasing last was never going to be easy on this pitch, and Rob Dauth's saviour knock proved it - the only player to pass 20.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 299 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 342 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 178 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 136 for 6
Cricket Web Red won by 4 wkts.

Man of the Match: MJ Robbins

Attachments

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
And it's more sensible to note that 8 of the top 10 runscorers are not rookies. 8-)
I thought there was only three non rookies in the Colts team Tucker, Wright and Towns, wouldn't it be the other way around.

Mr Mxyzptlk

chaminda_00 said:
I thought there was only three non rookies in the Colts team Tucker, Wright and Towns, wouldn't it be the other way around.
If you're referring to the Colts, your point is even lamer (to take a Nibbs note), because the team is almost entirely comprised of rookies. The odds are that a rookie would be the leading runscorer. So what's your point?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Injury Report

Ben Wilshere will miss 5 game days with a damaged elbow. The Blue batsman was hit on the elbow whilst facing Travis Demeza in the nets.

Gareth Gooljar, of Cricket Web Black, picked up a thigh strain whilst pushing a trolley at the Food Gargantuan Supermarket. The legspinner will miss 3 game days.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Reds win! Well bowled Sean, Nick, Dave and Slats, well batted Rob and Marc.

Personally, I need to rediscover the edge for four over slips...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Marvellous effort, that. Good going, Reds.

6/57 and not one word of mention! :down:

GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
H. Mørk b Rose 5 64 0 0
J.R. Gray lbw b Rose 5 58 0 0

Strange...

Anyway, poor performance for me, 12 and 5, need to perform in FC soon Jamee.

GREAT job team, fantastic ton skipper, and well played team.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
If you're referring to the Colts, your point is even lamer (to take a Nibbs note), because the team is almost entirely comprised of rookies. The odds are that a rookie would be the leading runscorer. So what's your point?
I was commenting on Daniel comment that most of their success has been on the back of Wright and himself, not the rookies around. I was just pointing out that a lot of their success was on the back of Nayak and Thamba in FC.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Great win by the Reds nice to see the spinners take some wickets. Two 5-fers in a row for Sean, hopefully its a sign of things to come :D.

Mr Mxyzptlk

chaminda_00 said:
I was commenting on Daniel comment that most of their success has been on the back of Wright and himself, not the rookies around. I was just pointing out that a lot of their success was on the back of Nayak and Thamba in FC.
And he made it clear that he was referring to his OD contributions and Kyle's 5D and OD contributions.

In Colts 5D wins:

Nayak averages 14 with the bat and 40.33 with the ball.
Wright averages 17 with the bat and 25.00 with the ball.
Mamesh averages 43.00, however. He has played a part, but he's just one rookie.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

In Colts OD wins:

Mamesh averages 35.
Towns averages 68.
Nayak is wicketless and has not batted.
Wright is wicketless and has not batted.