• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Hey, sweet does this mean I get to whinge about things already done and dusted in my past too? It seems to be a killer trend and all...so where can I start?

PY

International Coach
Travis_Teh said:
Hey, sweet does this mean I get to whinge about things already done and dusted in my past too? It seems to be a killer trend and all...so where can I start?
You can start with how you gained such prowess with the willow. :p

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
You can start with how you gained such prowess with the willow. :p
Travis' rookie season: 22 innings, 33 runs @ 1.50.
Travis' current season: 5 innings, 0 runs @ 0.00.

:-O Rookie power!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Not worth talking about.

Sorry `bout that OD fellas! Not quite sure how we lost it really. Late order batting was terrible, Demeza`s 2 shows that it can`t of been that hard. :laugh: I`m ecstatic with my three wickets, some welcome OD form. Well bowled Halsey as well.

Green and Blue are sure having some killer battles.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
We are here to play cricket... please get over the rookie stuff... its just clogging up these threads and theres no need for it..

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
kears_falcon_9 said:
and theres no need for it..
I disagree. Although I doon't have an opinion one way or the other, I love a bit of controversy and tension on the boards. No blood no foul, I say.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Interesting how many of those only signed up in the last season and a bit though isn't it...
Yes Marc, it's interesting that half of the current Dev League signed up a season and a bit ago. Come on. Get a better argument than that.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
No, it is part of it - the insane sign ups (and I think you missed a few there as well, Dobson for 1) was mentioned, and has not been checked at all (something I can actually prove)
Rookie adjustments are made, meaning that just 1 player of those who signed up last season has matched or surpassed his signup potential - Bryce Cunningham. Everyone else is yet to approach their signup potential.

You act as if I've been ignoring a new signup system for some personal motives. I simply have not had the time. Yes Marc, I have a life. I had exams earlier this year. I had club cricket and that pesky life after them. Then I was in England, and had no intentions of simming on my vacation. Now I'm back and I have two jobs and several other things to balance. So excuse me for not making time to implement something that will make your sleep so infinitely sounder.

Loony BoB

International Captain
To be fair, I could see the rookie power comments by Marc coming a few days before he even posted them. I admire his restraint this season! There's a good boy, Marc. *pat* Don't you worry. A couple of years in therapy and you'll get over it.

...okay, maybe three years. I mean, you'd still be a rookie to the therapy after two years. That'd certainly be an unacceptable length of time to be doing well in it. So yeah, three years in thereapy, then you'll get over it. We hope. Oh, God, we hope.

EDIT: I'll pray for you, Marc .

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Blue
at the SCG

A fantastic battle between Black and Blue at the SCG went right down the wire, as the depth of the Black batting finally shone through. An unbeaten 34-run stand for the 8th wicket ultimately did the job, as the Blacks celebrated 5D victory for the first time this season.

Coming back from a deficit of 157 runs on first innings, Neil Pickup and Callum Thompson empowered their team with the ball to set up a chase of 326 for victory. The effort, in turn, inspired the Black batsmen to stand up and be counted. Chris Butler was huge in gritting through a difficult period, falling just short of a well-deserved hundred.

Simon Jones and David Kearsley contributed well, but when the latter was dismissed, the score was 152/4. Blue still in control, Mike Wilson finally found his form. Playing an innings far more reminiscent of his rookie season than this one, Wilson seized the initiative for Black with attacking strokeplay. An even 100 for the 5th wicket, and the Blacks were right back in the hunt.

It was then that Collins made the game interesting once more. Butler and Wilson were dismissed within 12 runs of each other, and the squeeze was on. When Patrick had Thomspon caught in the gully at 292/7, Blue seemed very much in with a chance, knowing that with one more wicket, they'd be bowling at Broadbent then Pickup.

Alas, the powers that be in this beautiful game deemed it the turn of the Blacks to show the resistance and determination that made them such a force in the past.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 297 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 140 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 168 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 326 for 7
Cricket Web Black won by 3 wkts.

Man of the Match: C.P. Thompson

Attachments

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't quite believe we lost that. Our first innings batting was adequate, first innings bowling exceptional, but thereafter our performance was inexcusably poor. Excellent performances from Demeza, PY, and Wilshere in particular, but we let ourselves down with an obscene number of dropped catches (not that I'm innocent in this department...) and a woeful second innings batting effort. Should've still been able to defend 326, but unfortunately it didn't happen.

Oh well, it's only our first loss of the season so it's not a major crisis. A bit of work to do between now and our next match, but we've certainly got the ability to be on top of the table before too long. :)

(Well played Black, btw.)

Last edited:

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
:(. We really should have won that after that good first up score, and Trav destroying them in their first, but their batting was just too strong. One notable thing as well, Demeza scored 11 runs in the mtach, only being dismissed once.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
The Blacks are back....... it might only be one win but hopefully that can lift the morale of the team and we can start putting a few wins togehter. Still not hitting the straps personally but we as a team are getting there.. keep it up.