• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Ah, unlucky Reds, we don't want to look like Sachin (I've got something in my throat)

Nice innings on the personal front, 2 away from my 50.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
There was some nice knocks their from James, Sean, Ian and Jamee
Problem being that none of the first three mentioned went on to get a big score. Losing our 2nd, 3rd and 4th wickets for 14 runs was a bummer. Shame Jamee ran out of overs. He was kicking a*se.

....The less said about the bowling (apart from Andy and Tharmi. Big up you two) the better

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
C'mon guys, so long as he's doing it on the day he said he'd do it, it's fine. If he always does it at the start of the day or always does it at the end of the day, there will still be 24 hours between games. He's taking time out to do it, so give him a break. :p
Yes, but if he wants sides in by midnight - it makes things tricky if we can't see the previous game before picking the next side.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'd imagine that in most cases it alternates between FC and OD matches so there shouldn't be a problem, however in the cases where it's two FC games in a row for a team in two days, Liam would give decent time.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Brilliant performance lads, good to get teh first win in there, as Yazz said "the only way is up, baby, for you and me now, the only way is up"

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Yes, but if he wants sides in by midnight - it makes things tricky if we can't see the previous game before picking the next side.
True, but life outside of CW dictates sometimes. Today I reached home after 2am. Started doing work and finished around 3am, woke up at 5am to let James know I wouldn't be able to stay for the Staff Meeting. Slept again. Woke up at 10am and continued the work I was doing earlier. I was then doing some Dell browsing for my dad from 12pm until nearing 2:30pm. Time flies when you're having fun.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Great game Blacks.. great to chase a bug score like that.. very well batted by Jones and Blackman... although i ddint return to form 21 from 10 balls im not to unhappy about that.. lol

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
So in such a case, what would have happened had we not been able to submit a side in time then?
I don't intend to be strict on submission times. Generally teams will have about 13 hours leeway in terms of submitting sides. I just give the submission time as midnight UK time so that I have the option of simming the games the night before the scheduled date (in Trinidad time), as it's 7pm my time when that deadline comes about. Basically, it's to encourage early submission.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Ah, nice win there. Happy to get some form, just need a few more players to get form and we're well on our way.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bit of a disappointment to fail chasing that total. We had a decent platform, but felt the pinch of all our missing batsmen in the end. Great efforts from Demeza and Collins with the ball too, but we didn't take enough wickets.

I'm sure we'll bounce back next game.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Red
at the CWBCC Stadium

Fine allround cricket from Red skipper Ian Markus played a big part in setting up a close victory for the visiting side. Markus claimed 3 wickets to disrupt CW Green's late innings efforts, then scored at a run-a-ball to push on from a steady opening stand of 59.

All the Reds contributed, and Kenny Dobson played a Bevanesque innings to see his team to victory. The win came easier than seemed likely at one stage, when 35 runs were needed off the last 30 balls. Ultimately Red got home with 7 balls to spare.

Andrew Garven had won the toss and chose to take first use of the pitch. Faced with sharp bowling from Dave Watt and Nick Borcich at the start, the home side slumped to 40/2. Bharat, Malone and Lezama were the only significant contributors in the top and middle order, and a partnership of 32 off 30 balls between Rai and Hoy was needed at the end to set up a modest target of 239.

CW Green 238/8 (50 overs)
CW Red 239/6 (48.5 overs)

CW Red won by 4 wickets.
Man of the Match: I Markus

Attachments

Last edited: