• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

cricketboy29

International Regular
I seriously need to get in form with the bat, to repay the faith that the selectors are showing in me, and to hopefully continue my run with the ball

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So, who's up for being the official keeper of the 5D tables this season, using the English County Cricket scoring? Anyone?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
So, who's up for being the official keeper of the 5D tables this season, using the English County Cricket scoring? Anyone?
I'd be happy to do it, but I think Travis is pretty keen since he's keeping them anyway, so I'll let him put his hand up.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Hi Rob. Forget it.

Come on the Reds. We want a win against Green today

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Colts Side To Face Blues (September 17th)

T Mamesh
DP Towns (c)
AS Das
OJ Cook
NR Hancock
SJ Burke (wk)
JB Brown
DJ Comley
JP McNamara (vc)
GM Thomas
C McKern

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Red
at the CWBCC Stadium

Six dropped chances by Reds fielders proved costly, as Anthony Lezama was near his finest for an unbeaten century to carry Green to an unlikely win in the chase 367. Dropped three times in the innings (including a difficult chance on 4), Lezama remained largely unphased and helped lift Green from the despair of 25/3.

He was not the first to kickstart Green's resistance, however. Pooja Bharat struck her maiden First Class half-century, with an aggressive knock that saw her dropped twice by Kenny Dobson. Eventually she perished to a caught and bowled chance to Loganathan, and two more quick wickets followed - 151/6.

Seeming totally out it, a contribution from Reuben Verghese injected hope, but it was Tarick Weber's unbeaten half-century that truly pushed on with Lezama. A record partnership of 149 not out for the 8th wicket did the trick nicely.

The Reds had earlier elected to bat first in good conditions, but struggled against the Green pacers. James Stedman was superb, falling just short of his century, but Iyer was the only other serious contributor in a total of 231 all out. Not content, the Reds struck back quickly. Reuben Verghese played well for 62, but no other Green got going and 7 wickets fell to the seamers for 165 all out. Amidst the chaos, Bennett tempted Cunningham to sky one to longoff for his 100th FC wicket.

A useful lead of 66, CW Red made a solid attempt at consolidating toward victory. Only Gray reached a half-century, but there were good contributions from Iyer, Langley and Nayak, whilst Weber claimed 6 wickets - 297 all out.

A big task on hand, CW Green was quickly rocked by Nick Borcich's rediscovery of form. Alas, it only set up the epic chase that was to come.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 231 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 165 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 297 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 367 for 7
Cricket Web Green won by 3 wkts.

Men of the Match: A. Lezama and T.V. Weber

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Back Strain Claims Thomas

Colts quickie Greg Thomas has pickup a back strain in training sessions at the Bellerive Oval. According to the team physio, he will miss 3 game days with the injury. The target date of return to action is the 20th of September.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unlucky loss there Reds.
Plenty of positives though, with good stuff by Bennett with his 100th, and good batting from Stedman, Iyer and Gray, and some great bowling by Borcich too, especially in the second innings.

Simon

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Colts quickie Greg Thomas has pickup a back strain in training sessions at the Bellerive Oval. According to the team physio, he will miss 3 game days with the injury. The target date of return to action is the 20th of September.
geez hes gonna be ****ed hes injured while on holiday in victoria!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ouch! Dire loss...can't believe how ineffective our spinners were. That's the second winning position we've thrown away in three games!