• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
Sounds exciting.

Whats the CWBCC MSN address?
cwbcc1 at hotmail dot com

Not sure when the next live sim will be, Liam just does them when he's got the time and there's enough interest I think. Guess we'll find out when he wanders in here. ;)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
cricketboy29 said:
Ive got a question, do the 12 and 13 man, actually do anything, in the sim or is it only required when someone actually gets injured in the sim?.
Or names players who aren't in the country. But no one would ever do that (!)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
cwbcc1 at hotmail dot com

Not sure when the next live sim will be, Liam just does them when he's got the time and there's enough interest I think. Guess we'll find out when he wanders in here. ;)
I'd guess the First Test will be the next live sim.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, the next scheduled sim is the 1st Test against Sri Lanka. More details soon.

Neil, has Black named a team for tomorrow's 5D?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Blue
at the Bellerive Oval

The Blue seamers were just too much for the Colts to handle, as the youngsters crashed to low totals in both innings in their home opener. Nath Patrick took 6 wickets in the match, and Travis Demeza snared 7, as the Colts posted just 155 and 151 all out.

The Blue batsmen weren't much better, however, as Cribb's half-century at the top was essential in building a total of 235 all out. Sean Fuller played a brisk innings, then Wilshere and Crampton pushed near to half-centuries in the middle order. There were bright spots for the Colts, however, as Hancock and Thomas bowled impressively, playing a large part in limiting the visitors.

Batting behind by 80 runs on first innings, the Colts' second innings quickly read a dismal 61/6. Aggressive counterattack then came fully to the fore, and Jasotharan smashed a quickfire half-century to bring respectability to the effort, ensuring a run chase of 72 runs for victory.

The Blue attitude in the chase was positive throughout, and Cribb and Wilshere saw the winning runs onto the board.

Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 155 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 235 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 151 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 72 for 2
Cricket Web Blue won by 8 wkts.

Man of the Match: T.J. Demeza

Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Red
at the SCG

A blinding and carefree partnership of 235 runs of 274 balls took Cricket Web Black near to an unlikely draw against the Reds, but ultimately came up just short. Ash Chaulk scored a magnificent 5th FC hundred, having been dropped on 72 and 77. At his side was Callum Thompson, who was even more effective, reaching his half century off 51 balls, then his hundred 36 balls later.

The blistering partnership stole the limelight from the matchwinning innings, provided by Kenny Dobson at his finest. Dobson continued his brilliant form this season with a maiden First Class hundred, carrying on past the 150 mark and powering a second innings of total of 352/6 declared. The resulting victory target of 488 was far too much even for the most resilient of this season's Black batting performances.

Having been inserted in difficult batting conditions, the Reds pushed solidly to 339 all out in their first innings. James Stedman was the only player to pass 50. Black's turn at the crease was not as fortunate. Alex Blackman played well for his half-century, as did Darren Dubb-Lynch, but the team's 204 all out surrendered to a deficit of 135 runs.

Batting again the Reds played with no showing of mercy and stamped authority over the Black bowlers - a pattern which was ultimately followed by the Black batsmen in turn.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 339 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 204 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 352 for 6 dec.
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 385 all out
Cricket Web Red won by 102 runs.

Man of the Match: G.K.K. Dobson

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Crampton and Dubb-Lynch Go Down

Cricket Web Blue's Alex Crampton (calf strain) is set to miss 4 match days after he limped off the field after the Colts second innings at the Bellerive Oval. The wicketkeeper-batsman's injury comes at a critical stage for the Blues, who are now down to 10 men in the base squad. Andre Maddocks will come into the side out of necessity.

Also injured is fellow wicketkeeper Darren Dubb-Lynch. The Black player bruised his shin in a post match warm down session, an injury which will see him missing 2 match days.

Cloete

International Captain
WOOOHOOOO!!! WELL DONE BLUE!!!

Great win! Simply superb!

Particularly well done to Travis and Nathan, who carved up the top order of the colts in both innings. Well batted Wilshire, Cribb and Alex. And a solid all-round performance (once again!) from Sean!

Let's keep it up boys!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Captaincy is easy when you've got two new ball seamers like that. Brilliant effort guys, that's the second game in a row you've taken more than half the opposition wickets together and knocked them over for small totals.

The batting is a little bit of a worry as we haven't made a big score yet, but the bowling has been so good we haven't needed to. Nice work from Cribb, and once again from Crampton and Wilshere.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
...There were bright spots for the Colts, however, as Hancock and Thomas bowled impressively, playing a large part in limiting the visitors....
Surely not :laugh:
Dont worry Colts, we'll be better next time

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well bowled Watt - another ten-for! Kenny, beautiful batting - you and Stedman should aim to keep me down at one drop when I return from Sri Lanka! ;)

Little concerned about the fielding in the second innings, but at least it was better than against the Colts.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
a fifty, the only one for us

mama mia, 2 drops, what have I done???

We have to stand up better.........................

Nice try colts, we'll get em next time

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Smashing win Blues. Robert is turning out to be the rock up the order we need.

Awesome effort by all the bowlers, we`re almost like the NSW Blues bowling really. I wonder who I am... :P

Great work by Travis to get the dangerous Towns out twice. And Ads was superb. My batting is laughable, still no money for Steds yet. But I`m very happy with my fielding, two more catches. This is an incredible start for us without our internationals, let`s keep it up. Bad luck Alex, get that calfie back in order.