• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Only 3

Select your three

• Total voters

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the person chose Viv, but that aside.

Two questions, which is more likely... Than Sachin maintained if not increased his average over different eras, oooor , Bradman maintaining his.

Also, Sobers in his 10 year peak once averaged over 100 with the bat, took 20 wickets at 27 and took 10 catches in a 5 match away series. One, especially the all rounder guys, could argue that over a series Sobers is a better bet to contribute even if out of form with the willow. And over a decade with bat, ball and at slip might rival the contribution of the great man?

HouHsiaoHsien

State Captain
Bradman(greatest bat ever, if he was not here, then Hobbs as the greatest ever opener), Marshall(greatest bowler and handy lower order bat, tho could’ve gone Hadlee here as he is the marginally better cricketer, but Marshall more indispensable for my ATG team as the GOAT) and Sobers(slightly better AR than Imran)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Voting patterns on this poll are very interesting. @honestbharani couldn't leave out Lara lol but also had to be honest and pick those batsmen who he rates higher so he ended up picking only batsmen (Sobers being half a bowler).
Cricket is a batsman's game...

Tbf the only reason I chose batsmen was I did not notice the bowlers as I was too lazy to scroll down, so was thinking it was a batsmen poll.

Also unsure why or what to make of @ankitj s stalking and fascination with anything I do. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

shortpitched713

International Captain
I think the person chose Viv, but that aside.

Two questions, which is more likely... Than Sachin maintained if not increased his average over different eras, oooor , Bradman maintaining his.

Also, Sobers in his 10 year peak once averaged over 100 with the bat, took 20 wickets at 27 and took 10 catches in a 5 match away series. One, especially the all rounder guys, could argue that over a series Sobers is a better bet to contribute even if out of form with the willow. And over a decade with bat, ball and at slip might rival the contribution of the great man?
All the super old timers have some questions marks, in my mind, but I would say that wouldn't I?

Bradman is the GOAT batsman though, not only because of his stats, or how he might compare in other circumstances. He was the blueprint that the later greats used and aspired to, to achieve their greatness in more familiar, more modern times. That's what's more important, rather than the weight of absolute numbers, which I don't think were honestly against adequate competition (imo) to make fair comparisons with modern players.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Having Sobers and Kallis at once kind of defeats the purpose of both to some degree, surely.
Take it this way. The team we form is made up of these 3 and then novices like Dwayne Smith, Rubel Hossain, you, me etc as the remaining 8. In that case, I will prefer to maximize my team strength and make 3 decent batsmen as well as 3 decent bowlers out of the 3 options I have.

howitzer

International 12th Man
Take it this way. The team we form is made up of these 3 and then novices like Dwayne Smith, Rubel Hossain, you, me etc as the remaining 8. In that case, I will prefer to maximize my team strength and make 3 decent batsmen as well as 3 decent bowlers out of the 3 options I have.
Who is better at throwing stuff; @Prince EWS or Saeed Ajmal?