• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Gill was not good enough in the death overs I am afraid. Pair that with the choice of sending that noodle limbed Vijay ahead of Tewatia/Rashid and that's where they lost the match.

Excellent viewing.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
also a **** fielder, questionable fitness record and there is almost no positive report about his attitude

hardly surprising to see why he gets tough love sometimes
Northants were happy enough with him. It's the puritanical babu mentality in India. A young man gets wasted/seen lighting up once and suddenly Mishra Aunty ka beta Bunty line ke baahar chala gaya tch tch.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Is this Yadav kid actually going to make me watch a T20 game?

No. But I will watch his overs. I don't want to hold out too much hope...and maybe too much to ask just yet...but just the thought of him running in at the WACA in about ten months' time bowling 155kph is scintillating.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think CSK had an almost perfect batting strategy last season when they paired batters and tried to ensure they batted together as many times as possible.

Conway
Rutu
Rahane
Dube
Rayudu
Moeen
Jadeja
MSD

the rest.

This time, their struggles away have been because both openers seem to be producing less runs than last time (obviously Rachin has come in for Conway), and also because they have not had the ideal batsmen to replace Moeen and Rayudu. They have tried to use Mitchell and Rizwi but the problem is Mitchell needs a bit more time at the crease and may not be the ideal #5. Also, they tried to show some loyalty to both Tushar Deshpande and Mukesh by playing them ahead of The Lord but that has to stop now.

Going forward, I think they may try this combo -

Rachin
Rutu
Rahane
Dube
Moeen
Rizwi
Jadeja
MSD

Chahar
Lord
Theekshana