• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the 2nd greatest Kiwi Bowler?

2nd greatest Kiwi bowler

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Flem274*

123/5
Cowie

200 odd at 22ish against all the "Australians" and "Englishmen" sides who rocked up with their test bois but didn't want to label the game a test per se because they were so much better than NZ. Bowled to Bradman, got him out cheap, did some cool ****.

Pretty confident it's him. The cupboard isn't exactly stacked, but he was pretty unlucky not to play from 1970 onwards.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cowie

200 odd at 22ish against all the "Australians" and "Englishmen" sides who rocked up with their test bois but didn't want to label the game a test per se because they were so much better than NZ. Bowled to Bradman, got him out cheap, did some cool ****.

Pretty confident it's him. The cupboard isn't exactly stacked, but he was pretty unlucky not to play from 1970 onwards.
Yeah probably is Cowie, and pleased you point out those non-Tests when he performed against the best.

Makes my top 5 Test bowlers after Sir Dick as

1 Cowie
2 Boult
3 Wagner
4 Bond (despite the low no. of Tests and ordinary average vs. Aus in his 1st series there)
5 Jamieson

Northerner

Cricket Spectator
statistics wise it would have to be Clarrie Grimmett if he is to be classed as a Kiwi,,, Bond is probably 2nd Best but such a short career,
Boult, Cairns and Cowie would be the next in line, you have to bear in mind who they bowled against too,

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah probably is Cowie, and pleased you point out those non-Tests when he performed against the best.

Makes my top 5 Test bowlers after Sir Dick as

1 Cowie
2 Boult
3 Wagner
4 Bond (despite the low no. of Tests and ordinary average vs. Aus in his 1st series there)
5 Jamieson
Sucks to be Southee

Dazinho

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good question - Bond was a real shooting star who didn't shoot for all that long. Quality operator though.

Was always a big fan of Dion Nash, who deserves a mention in this conversation even if few will have him second. He's a bankable top 5 for my money - really dangerous on his day and those days were many.

I'm gonna say Boult for second, then Cowie. Nash and Bond make up the top 5.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cowie

moooo

jcas0167

International Debutant
Richard Collinge was excellent. Although I asked someone who faced him about this poll and whether they would rate him above the others listed: "Probably not. Collinge would have been more scary because we didn't have helmets and he bowled at you rather than the stumps. Different times. I think Bond was the best of those 3."

Last edited: