• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the 2nd greatest Kiwi Bowler?

2nd greatest Kiwi bowler

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
young Boult simply wasn't good enough to be picked (Southee was)
He might have had a pretty big injury lay-off at one stage when he was young? I feel like he was close to selection, then disappeared for ages. But I might be misremembering.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard Collinge was excellent. Although I asked someone who faced him about this poll and whether they would rate him above the others listed: "Probably not. Collinge would have been more scary because we didn't have helmets and he bowled at you rather than the stumps. Different times. I think Bond was the best of those 3."
Should've asked him how quick he reckoned Collinge bowled, and maybe a few others from era too.

thierry henry

International Coach
He might have had a pretty big injury lay-off at one stage when he was young? I feel like he was close to selection, then disappeared for ages. But I might be misremembering.
I believe he was on the 2008/9 tour to Australia, so like Southee was poised to debut as a 19 year old. Ended up not debuting until 3 years later.

My point wasn't to criticise Boult as a bowler from age 19-22 though, but simply to say that Southee played test cricket from age 19-22 and it hurts his overall record while Boult doesn't suffer the same fate.

number11

U19 Captain
It would come down to Boult and Wagner in test cricket. Southee has been a great servant as well.

He didn't play much but allowing for that, Shane Bond was the NZ bowler with the highest ceilng ever.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I've often thought it was a shame Bond had to play in such a weak era for NZ seam bowling. Feel like his body would've held up much better as a first or 2nd change bowling three-ish 5 over spells a day. Would've slotted in perfectly behind Cairns/Nash/Doull or Soultner.
Dont make me break out my favourite cliched stat